Slight Upgrades to a Cyma M14

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by pancakemix56, Nov 3, 2012.

1. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I could give all this background information about the gun and why I'm doing it but it's simple.

Cyma m14

Upgrading to metal bushings if they are plastic, if someone could tell me what size they are and of they are plastic that would be great.

Keeping shimming stock as I don't trust my shimming

For now keeping aoe stock

Popping in an m120 spring

Getting an upgraded motor either lonex or Shs.
    Is the version 7 gearbox short type motor?

That's it... For now.
    As I upgrade the gun further I will keep posting on here.

Buying the parts tomorrow once I know what kinds I should buy.

2. blue2014

blue2014 New Member

I do not currently have my m14 with me for the bushing questions. Yes it's a short motor. When I received mine in was shooting a little over 380 FPS.

3. Njnewland

Njnewland New Member Lifetime Supporter

Cherryville

I have had one with metal bushings, and one with plastic...lol.

The shimming idea is stupid.

Just correct the AOE, seriously.

Good idea. I have had 1 stock one chrono at 330, and another chrono at 390.

Definitely get a Lonex motor.

Short type.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I could give all this background information about the gun and why I'm doing it but it's simple.

Cyma m14

Upgrading to metal bushings if they are plastic, if someone could tell me what size they are and of they are plastic that would be great. Make sure you get oilless bushings if you're gonna replace them.

Keeping shimming stock as I don't trust my shimming. A half-assed shimming job will often be better than the stock shimming. Read some guides and watch shimming tutorials and combine that knowledge with patience and I'm sure you'll get it right.

For now keeping aoe stock. You should definitely correct AOE, it will significantly reduce the risk of piston failure.

Popping in an m120 spring. Re-shimming and AOE correction will be necessary tu run an M120 reliably.

Getting an upgraded motor either lonex or Shs. Any Lonex motor will easily pull your setup. An Element Ultra Torque is a good alternative if you can't find any Lonex motors in stock, which is very likely.

Is the version 7 gearbox short type motor? Answered by Njnewland, short type, and that's what I've seen mentioned in all V7 related threads.

5. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    This is a friends gun, and I don't want to mess it up really. If I do mess it up, I'm buying it, and I will attempt the shim and correct aoe

6. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Will you follow my disassembly guide?

7. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    Planning on using it plus airsoftreviewer1's video guide. He uses the Agm one so yours will most likely be more accurate