Sling for G36

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by patriot, Nov 20, 2012.

1. patriot

patriot New Member

I have a G36 and need to know which sling is best for when you need to let go and switch to your pistol/secondary. One you can just hang by your waist or quickly throw over your shoulder. 1, 2, 3 point?

(for all you CoD players, remember on MW2 (mission: Cliffhanger) when he tells you to go upstairs and do something, and as he walks towards that engine thing he lets go of his gun and it just hangs next to his waist. that's the one that looks most attractive)

Thanks in advance!

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I enjoy a one point sling. I can just let my primary fall and draw my sidearm with ease.

3. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    There are dozens of slings to choose from, and many types. There are transitional slings like my USTS FAWS, there are ones that are integrated into your plate carrier, and there are plenty of others. I'd suggest just shopping around until you see one you like.

4. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    It will depend on your gear and style of play as to what will work best for you. For example, I use to use a standard one point, but it kept binding around my neck and shoulder. While discussing this issue with a friend, we designed a new sling that works like a one point, but does not loop around the neck and shoulder. It is attached directly to my vest, it clips onto the D-rings on the front and back of my vest.

I've come to love the new design and it has dual adjustment points to allow for more or less slack in front or in back. This gives me freedom of movement while limiting how much slop the gun has along the sling itself.

5. patriot

patriot New Member

Alright, I'll look into them.

6. patriot

patriot New Member

Well I really don't have that much gear. Just a G36, a Glock on my right thigh, and possibly a belt that'll just hold a few extra mags. So yeah, it makes sense that there's not really a "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" sling. Thanks.

7. lentj

lentj New Member

East Aurora
    I have a d-ring on the stock up close to the receiver and attach a Viking Tactical sling. Works well. Its either an adjustable 2-point or a 1 point, as long as you use H&K snap hooks. Look for steel hooks with the hole close to the edge. This set-up adapts to many situations and is easily modified.

8. ACIDEEL177

ACIDEEL177 New Member

I have a G36 (one with 5 vent holes) and I use a one point tactical sling. I'm not sure who makes it, I got it at gander mountain. It's good and bad. The good are it allows me to let my gun hang to free my hands for other things like using my side arm. The bad are it's kinda hard to throw be hind me to use my side arm (that could be cause of my mag pouches on my vest and my buttpack). Also my G36 is close to 8 pounds if not more when loaded so the sling weighs down on my neck and hurts after awhile. Lastly a full length G36 is kinda long so, on me, the muzzle is about 10 to 12 inches from the ground. But over all I like my 1 point sling instead of an 3 point or traditional sling.

9. Jch30920

Jch30920 New Member

Newnan
    I have used a G36c for many years, and I have used just a normal one point bungee sling. It works out very well and it takes down on some of the weight too. I recommend just a normal one point bungee sling!!

10. patriot

patriot New Member

I think I'll go with that. It's my gut. Thank you everybody!