SMALL plate carrier

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by mnmetalhead1, Aug 2, 2012.

1. mnmetalhead1

mnmetalhead1 GBB FTW Supporting Member

Hibbing
    I got a friend whos interested in possibly trying to get into airsoft and shes looking for an exceptionally small plate carrier. I recommended to skip a chest rig because with a plate carrier she will feel safer and i have extra molle pouches. So basicly wondering what people have found to be probably the smallest production plate carrier, shes about 90lbs and is about 4'11". Laugh all you want but i think its crazy cool shes even thinking about trying it out!

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    knief chimed in... your all set

4. mnmetalhead1

Hibbing
    i saw evike had a version of this and didnt know if this was the smallest, and i dont want to spend to much on it incase she decides she doesnt like it. Thank you though, i might recommend it to her.

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I give it a 75% chance that the Evike version is complete crap. Grab the Emerson or TMC if you're going to go for it.

6. mnmetalhead1

Hibbing
    I know, but its basicly the same style. I found a video of it and it looks like it should be small enough.

7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Same style doesnt mean it's same quality. Stitching, fabric, webbing, etc. could be crap. The Emerson, TMC, or(if you have money to spend) a real CP one are your best bet.

8. mnmetalhead1

Hibbing
    Really? I never would have guessed, Of course it isnt the same! theres a HUGE difference between Pantac and Condor just as theres a difference between any 2 manufacturers. The vest on Evike is G James and Kniefs recomendation is TMC.

Oh, and thanks Knief.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    In all fairness to Archer, I read your last post the same way he did. It sounds like you were saying that you thought the vest on Evike was the same thing as the two I linked to. And while you might realize the difference, there are a lot of idiots on these boards that don't. He was just trying to make sure you weren't under that misconception.

10. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Indeed. I approve of this message.