Small Sidearms

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Splode, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Hey peeps, Im looking for a compact pistol for my lightweight loadout. Something that will allow me to be more mobile than my current HK45. I wouldn't be using it much except in a pinch. Its more something I can carry just in case i need it.
    The smaller the better. Small enough to fit in a pocket would be cool too. Im trying to eliminate gear bounce as much as possible. My Hk45 bruises my hip after a day of running.

2. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    Boom all your problems are solved Screenshot_20180723-160022_Google.jpg

3. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
  4. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Im dont really need extended mag potential. actually im more inclined to sacrifice mag size for a compact gun. even a pocket pistol with a 12 round cap is fine with me. i just want lightweight mobility.

5. adas1223

stratford
    see if you can source a glock 42 then. those are ultra sub compact. substantially thinner than a subcompact g26, but the price will be up there.

im mentioning glocks because theyre one of the slimmest gun platforms (Ksc g19's are sold out, but there are ksc g26's on WGCshop) ksc are thinner than TM spec.

Another slim platform is a single stack 1911. if you can get a 4.3 or shorter varient its a good option.

6. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Are we talking miniature? Like a little ccw?

7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    CCW is all relative. If your Arnie S. You can CCW a full size M9 on your ankle (back in the day). With a special shirt I can CCW a S&W 5906 in shorts and a T-shirt.

The Hogwards (VFC) G42 with the extended mag is the slimmest pocket pistol you can pack short of a Marushin 357 COP.

adas1223 likes this.
  8. adas1223

stratford
  9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That is an Army R45 "Detonics". It's not good at rapid fire due to the small mag.

Plus the mag release cut on the magazine poses issues for the TM, but not the other way around.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  10. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Oh gas inefficiency, what ever would we do without you.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Buy junk without realizing it? Buying items without knowing the design issues?

12. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Any other suggestions? I actually do like the look of the KJW glock 26 but hard to tell if it is small enough.

13. Downs

Downs Member

Greenville
    G26. Carry with the small mag in the gun pack a full size G17 or 19 mag as a backup mag.

14. adas1223

stratford
    WE M&P9 compact

WE XDM compact

(I like FDE)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    we px4 compact

[​IMG]

Downs likes this.
  15. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Ooh, i like the look of that WE px4 compact. Although everyone ive ever spoke to has told me to avoid WE like the plague...

16. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    WE is alright. Better than elite force... which is probably the pistol they where rocking when they told you WE was bad

Splode likes this.
  17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That is the issue with Airsofters...I heard from my dog walkers, gardner's painter's, babysitters, tutor that "something" is wrong with "something" and to avoid it.

Thing is...unless one is in the industry (or has been), has direct experience or really know WTH one is talking about...people should just be honest and say I don't know or say nothing...versus pretending to know something about nothing.

The WE issues that draws up the avoid like a plaque is concerning the WE's that came out in ~2004 to ~2006. Most notably the early HiCapa's and Dragons where the slide was made of either cheese (I literally watched a slide stop notch round itself off over ~63 shots) or brittle metal. WE now days are actually fairly decent and some models are actually good.

These generalizations without specific facts are truly...worthless comments that helps no one.

BOA_SP3CT3R and Downs like this.
  18. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    True, but until someone like you states otherwise, im not going to gamble the money just to find out. The main person that tells me they are bad works at an airsoft store as a tech. Although i do tend to be a bit more knowledgeable when it comes to teching, he knows the makes and models a lot better than i do. I have a limited budget so im not able to just test things for myself. We poor californians have to let others who have tested them tell us the details.

19. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    And a store "tech" is a dubious title and implies no level of "expertise".

At Airsoft Station, a "lead" tech said hicaps suck because they only feed about 40 bbs and you have to wind it again. Then I showed him how to "wind" a hicaps and fired of a string of 290 bbs at 25 rps...it's so cute to watch a professed "experienced" individuals hem and haw...as I always say...

"Know the details"...

20. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Yeah, i was arguing with a tech the other day about torque motors before i bought that one off you. He was telling people to buy a very high speed motor to get the best trigger response.