Featured Smith & Wesson M&P 40 CO2 Non GBB - Questions

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Hawk TK-9401, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:11 PM.

1. Hawk TK-9401

Hawk TK-9401 Member

Brandon
    Hey all.

So I JUST got this gun yesterday in a lot. I know it is a CO2 gun. And that its not GBB. I looked up a review on it...But that is about the extent of my knowledge on this gun...

If possible, I would like to order whatever I need for it off of Amazon for the 2 day shipping.

1) What co2 do I need to get for it?

2) What silicone? (Spray? Oil? Both?)

Again, I am hoping to get whatever I need off of Amazon if possible. So links (or exact names I can look up on there) would be much appreciated. (I dont mind doing the "leg work" I just dont know what to look/search for)

Thanks all!

2. Hawk TK-9401

Hawk TK-9401 Member

Brandon

3. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I dont like silicon spray. It has additives (propellants) that can react with rubber and plastics, even the ones that say they are designed for airsoft. Not all brands have harmful propellants, but why risk it. I use (and highly recommend) Losi shock oil. It is designed for RC car shocks, but it is a true 100% silicone and safe to use in an airsoft gun, GBB and AEG, and is way cheaper than airsoft labeled oils. One bottle also lasts a LOOONG time. If you only get one bottle, i would get 30 weight, if you want multiple bottles for different uses, one 20 and one 40 weight works well, because you can also mix them together and get 30 weight, which gives you 3 options out of 2 bottles.

Hawk TK-9401 and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  4. Hawk TK-9401

Hawk TK-9401 Member

Brandon
    Those are both 2 oz bottles. Should I get 4oz bottles?

5. Zaryk

Southern
    2oz bottles would last a long time. A little bit goes a long way with it.

6. Hawk TK-9401

Hawk TK-9401 Member

Brandon
    Would the 20w be for AEG's? and the 40 be for my CO2 pistol?
    Or woudl 30w be good for AEG's?

7. Hawk TK-9401

Hawk TK-9401 Member

Brandon
    I was going to get a 20 and a 40, but the 20 was add on item only. So I just went with a bottle of the 30.

8. Zaryk

Southern
    I use the thinner stuff for gas additive to propane, adding a drop to the top of an unopened CO0 cartridge, and seals and orings. The thicker stuff for triggers, hammers, and other moving parts. 30 is a nice medium and can be used anywhere really, the thicker stuff just sticks to parts longer.