Sniper eye protection

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by FGA, Aug 25, 2012.

1. FGA

FGA New Member

I need help at my local airsoft arena you have to wear a full face mask and I need help on the stuff to buy? And would a half mask be good?

But I'm a sniper what should I use?

2. AzReaper

AzReaper New Member

You could probably get away with a shemaug and and some googles, make sure they are not ski googles.

3. teamomega

teamomega New Member

Carlsbad
    I use ski goggles and they are fine for me, but as he said, ur best best would probably be a shemag

4. FGA

FGA New Member

Thanks so a shemag would wool s a full face mask

5. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    That's really stupid. Any googles that aren't ANSI rated can be penetrated by BBs.

6. FGA

FGA New Member

What a good pair of goggles?

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    No, and I guarantee you won't like them. Go on eBay and search ESS Goggles, and they all are ANSI rated.

8. FGA

FGA New Member

Or are mesh goggles any good for looking down the sight

Yer but there a lot of money

Does any one use mesh goggles

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  9. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Shards of bbs can go through mesh and go in your eye, they are dangerous. And hevan forbid if someone with a 500fps rifle shot at your mesh googles from really close by accident, you will probably lose and eye.

10. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    But you could always wear mesh goggles with a smaller pair of goggles or sealed glasses beneath.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Then what is the point? Seriously just get some decent goggles.

12. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    I use Bobster Crossfire's. They are shaded and work well in the day.

13. FGA

FGA New Member

They seem really good thanks

14. xc0n

xc0n New Member

A shemaug and goggles doesn't count as a full face mask at most place I have played. Just make sure that it is allowed or counts as a full face before you buy it.

Yes when sniping with a half mask is a good idea to allow you to see down the scope. Also a pair of goggles that look like glasses are even better.
    [​IMG]

If you can't use half mask or a shemaug you can find paintball masks that are rubber with low profile goggles (EX: JT proflex). This makes it so you can press your face to the stock and the low profile goggles make it easier to see through your scope.

15. FGA

FGA New Member

I know that half mask are aloud so which one do you think I should get ??

16. xc0n

xc0n New Member

A pair like I showed above works great for sniping because it allows you to see through your scope. Most sites will carry goggles like that so it shouldn't be hard to find.

As for the rest of the face a shemaug would work fine just like everyone else said.

So in my opinion go with the separate eye goggles.

17. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    Someone mentioned this earlier, but ESS goggles are what I went with, they're ballistic rated so they'll definitely stop a 6mm plastic bb. They are not all overly expensive, I just bought a pair off ebay for $18.65 (shipping included). You just have to look around on there for a good deal, but if you'd rather go buy a pair full price beck whatever local store you use, or whatever online shop you buy your stuff from, and get a low-pro version like stated above. This guy http://www.youtube.com/user/auburnmedicalgroup/videos has done extensive tests on all kinds of goggles, should really check his channel out once you've picked a pair you want to see if they hold up.

18. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
  19. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    What about cactus hobby masks, they have mesh. And with small goggles underneath avoid the shattering bbs. Those flat black army of two ones on evike also look awesome.