Sniper gear

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by buckboy17, Sep 2, 2012.

1. buckboy17

buckboy17 New Member

Okay so i want to know yalls opinion on just a basic load out on sniper gear as far as clothes and packs and just the simple stuff and im looking for something cheap... Any suggestions???

2. buckboy17

buckboy17 New Member

Okay well it is in a woodland envorment and my budget is any where from 40 to 70 bicks but once again im just wanting some of the basic things im not really looking for a FULL loadout

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Pelster, this is a last warning. Use proper spelling.

4. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    For that price you can't really get a chest rig. I would go with a Battle Belt and H-harness with a few mag pouches, and eventually build a homemade Ghille suit. If you can even afford that.

5. buckboy17

buckboy17 New Member

Ive already made my ghillie suit and i thought about getting something like tht but im gonna be prone a lot amd i was thinking more of a butt pack or something like that

6. FGA

FGA New Member

If I was you I would go on evike get a molle belt do $18 and some pouches

7. buckboy17

buckboy17 New Member

Okay thanks i will look that up

8. xc0n

xc0n New Member

if you are very good with your money and look around a few places then you might be able to make a ghillie suit. I have made a few before that cost between 60-80 USD. They weren't cheaply made either I still use them today.

Other things you can look at are:
    Drag bags (used to hold gear and gun/ is dragged behind sniper when crawling)
    Cost: 30-300+ USD
    -------------------------
    Gloves (to hide skin tone color)
    Cost: 5-80 USD
    Face paint(same reason as gloves)
    Cost: 2-20 USD
    Goggles (if you don't already have a good pair that allows you to see down your scope)
    Cost: 20-200+ USD
    Sniper veil (can be used to distort head and shoulder outline/block glare from scope)
    Cost: 5-40 USD
    Boots (Jungle boots are good for woodland).
    Cost: 30-300 USD
    These are a few things that might help you in the long run. The price ranges are also from my experiences with gear and are only estimates.

As for a vest I would avoid anything that is front pocket heavy. What I mean by this is a vest that carries everything on your chest and stomach. The reason being is that when crawling this will become uncomfortable, painful, and/or ruin the gear you are carrying. Also it will get caught on items you crawl over causing you to move slow,loud , and with a lot of movement.