Sniper general disscustion( tactics, guns, gear, favorite sniper kill)

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by echo21bravo, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

I decided to create this forum so that fellow snipers can discuss their tactics, gear, and favorite type of rifle and favorite gun in general. To start this forum I will begin with that my favorite sniper system are the vsr 10 compatible guns. I think they are the nicest guns out there ( the ones I have seen anyway) and they are a great platform to start out on and have numerous upgrades to make your sniper the most feared sniper rifle on your team

2. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    I too am a sniper (part time) I have a well mb03 with a ton of upgrades shooting about 510 with a .25
    Here's a pic all ghillied up

Attached Files:

3. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

Sweet. I currently am on break to raise money for my next gun. The vsg asw338lm. Vsr compatible. Expensive but it is an exact replica to the real thing. Demensions are exactly the same. Vsr compatible. Can't wait till airsoftgi gets it in stock

4. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    Awesome, I think my favorite toy Is the claymore, best thing for ambushes or rear security

5. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

True. I will think about that when I start playing again. If my friend sells me his l96 I will start again. Then I will see if my other friend who had an l96 that doesn't work will sell me his mags.

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    um...."VFC"

And that gun is a nightmare....It's just a wallhanger...

7. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

I like the gun. There are a lot of upgrades for it. Modular platform. It's just a nice looking gun.

8. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Yet none of the problems can be solved through upgrades....

Modular? It just has rails.

"It's just a nice looking gun."
    Yep, wall hanger.

9. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

The stock and the pistol grip is completely adjustable but pad, cheek rest is adjustable and the length of the stock is adjustable.

10. sdsport

sdsport Member

He likes it, that's the important thing. And if he fields it, then it no longer is a wall hanger.

E21B, I'd love to see it when you get it, make sure to post pics. If I had the money I'd grab one too, irregardless of any "problems" it may have. I'll cross my fingers and hope you can achieve your budget soon so we can hear what you think of it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  11. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    My all time favorite sniper rifle has got to be the M24, real steel and airsoft.

ForumRunner_20121015_164144.jpg

Mmmm, how can you say no to that?

As for favorite upgrade platforms? I like how easy the VSR platforms are, but I just like APS2 more. It's a tough decision.

EDI: from what Echo was telling me the gun seems to be alright, vsr compatible is always a nice thing to see when your buying a gun. And it has some other neat features. I'd say, as long as its not a Socom Gear M200 style wallhanger, it can be used (sorry Cam).

12. sdsport

sdsport Member

Nice, simple, and deadly.

Oh sorry, I was talking on the phone to my buddy and describing my ex-girlfriend. But your M24 is sweet too.

Just kidding Tyson, I like the simplicity of your setup, it's pictures like yours above that have me thinking about an M700. Unfortunately, my game style prohibits me from being anywhere close to even a decent sniper, I get bored much too easily, lose patience and tend to run into the thick of it. This leads me to both getting my shares of kills, and also getting killed so much that I end up looking like I have several communicable diseases at the end of the day with all the welts on various parts of my unprotected body.

I've tried my hand with BASR's, all ending with the same conclusion: I like my DMR's more. Way easier to run 'n gun. But it's not for lack of trying, here are some of my stabs at it.

DSR1:
    Saw this on Craiglist last year, it was missing the bipod, scope mount and scope so I got it for a steal. I then ended up staying up late for the next three days scouring the ends of the earth and finally acquired those pieces to complete her. Took her to the fields once, and I'll never do it again.

She's my Prom Queen- tempermental, before every shot I have to whisper in her ear and tell her how pretty she is, and then any time I walk away every other guy at the dance comes over to her and shows her their cool car. Since she's so difficult to find pieces for, she's relegated to sitting on the shelf. But she's perfectly content there; I put a nice bowl of ice cream and some red wine in front of her and put on her favorite soap operas, and then when friends come over they "ooh" and "aah" appropriately and wonder how someone as Joe Schmoe as me is with someone like her.

[​IMG]

Blaser R93:
    Saw this on "Predators" and I knew I had to acquire it. Traded away one of my EBR's to get it. I've never even shot it once, it even has the tag on it, all I did was modify the barrel to accept a flash hider similar to the one in the movie.

[​IMG]

Frankenmutt:
    This was a "parts bin" project (I've been doing a lot of those lately) made up of extra stuff sitting around in my garage. One of my friends probably describes it best- "If you were stuck in a warehouse, and built a gun that could only take one shot before it destroyed itself in a million pieces, that would be it." Definitely a face only a mother could love, but because she's so ugly, I found that I really, really like her.

Shoots really nice, I love the very short bolt pull before the next shot gets laid down, but like I said- I'm too impatient for hanging out and shooting people from far away. Besides, I let someone shoot me with her once and I don't want that to happen again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SR25:
    Sigh. I normally am not an FPS guy, especially given my local field's big disparity between AEG and sniper rifle MED's, but I greenlit this one for an FPS build and though she loves her .36's, again I let myself be shot with her and decided that it just wasn't my style. The cool part about her is hearing the ASCU "beep" when she's turned on- I always wondered what it was like to hear what "Guess what, you're going to call your hits" sounds like in an "On/Off" switch.

[​IMG]

13. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.