Sniper Loadout

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Asian, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Asian

Asian New Member

Okay, So I'm building myself a new Sniper Loadout on a budget I want opinions on it. Keep in mind although the main intention is for long distance sniper engagements I didn't want to limit myself to only long distance.

Weapons:
    -A&K SR25 (Primary)
    3-9x40 Illuminated Scope, Rail Mounted Bipod
    -CQB G4-A2 (Secondary used for mid-range and close quarter engagements)
    Foregrip, Single Point Sling

Gear:
    -NCStar AR Vest
    to attach the Scabbard to, hold my hydration bladder, and hold up to 12 M4 Mags for my G4
    -NCStar Rifle Scabbard
    to hold my SR25 when traveling (is the NCStar Rifle Scabbard big enough to hold an SR25?)
    -5x 300 Round High Cap M4 Mags and an M16 Mag style High Capacity Speed Loader
    to offset the weight of the scabbard on the back of the vest.

The green items are things I don't have and need to buy.

So... Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    NCStar blows hard. You'd be much better off getting something else. Pantac and FLYYE are great brands for relatively affordable repro brands (available at www.airsoftsmith.com and www.shootercbgear.com respectively), though there are some other options as well.

3. Asian

Asian New Member

I can clearly see that you're right and those brands are definitely higher quality but I'm looking through Pantac and Flyye and I'm not seeing the kind of vest I want. I'm looking for something simple on the front some mag pouches and MOLLE Webbing would be a bonus and MOLLE or some way to attach a rifle scabbard on the back. If you can find one I would like the link because I would definitely pay the higher price because they have a great look to them.

Right now I'm looking at the WSH Molle Chest Rig. I might actually get it

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    If you're looking for integrated pouches, the weesatch is your best option, but it's really not that great of a vest. It sags pretty badly and those mag pouches kill the flexibility of the vest. I'm not a big fan of the design. For a similar look with much better flexibility, check out the RRV and optional back panel:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_96&products_id=712

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=966

It gives you a simple chest rig style front with the flexibility of the fold-down bib for an even lower profile look and better breathability, but the added space of a back panel for your scabbard and a hydration carrier. Then just throw some mag pouches on the front and you're set.

5. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    If your sniping in a field you should scrap all those ideas except for the guns. Get yourself flightsuit or make something comparable then make it into a ghillie suit.
    Take grab yourself 2 or make 2 gun wraps + paintjobs
    slings for both guns
    A vest will comprise your profile I suggest making pockets on the collar bones and upper chest wrists upper thighs
    underneath your ghillie wear a hydration pack on your back have that tied very loosely with Velcro to your neck so very little movement is required for a drink.

6. Asian

Asian New Member

The thing is I'm not solely sniping, my team is fairly small and I cant do long range the entire match. More or less I'm looking for a long range marksmen loadout that is able to transition for close range use.

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    The combination I suggested will be great for that. Do you have thoughts on it? Things you like or dislike so I that I could point you toward another rig tuat fits your needs better?

8. Asian

Asian New Member

I'm a mostly worried about my SR fitting in the scabbard because based off everything I've read and seen it's intended for M4 and M16 sized rifles and I feel like even fully extended it wont hold my SR right.

I also would like to know, especially since this thread is under sniper rifles, if there are any cheap upgrades or mods I could do to make my SR any better of a sniper rifle.

OH YEAH. Just so you know Knief I'm getting the Flyye WSH Chest Rig instead of NCstar.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Honestly, the scabbard idea is probably not the best. The SR-25 is a long rifle, especially with the suppressor on, it's going to be a pain to lug mounted perfectly vertical on a vest. A better option would be to get a drag bag/sniper mat combo. Here's an example:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Long-Gun-Pack-Mat-wHawkTex,698,1396.htm

You carry it slung over your shoulder and unfurl when necessary. It gives your rifle the protection you want and keeps it out of the way while you're using whatever other weapon you want to use.