Sniper Problem

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by rblevinski, Aug 30, 2012.

1. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    I was disassembling my sniper rifle about a week ago to thoroughly clean it, and when I was reassembling it I stripped the small 1.5 mm Allen Screw that keeps the barrel firmly in place. Now, the trigger is off set from the mag release not allowing me to reassemble my sniper.

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    ANd what do you want us to do? Get to a hardware store, buy the screw and replace it.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I can only laugh at Shifty's bluntness, but he's right man.

You're thirsty - get a drink of water, your watch stopped ticking - get a new battery or replace the watch, a screw stripped - replace it.
    That little screw's absence sounds like it's the cause of all your problems, so replacing it should fix them all.

4. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    I apologize for not completing my thoughts. The screw is stripped inside the gun not allowing me to take it out, keeping by barrel off set and not allowing me to put the barrel and trigger mech back into the stock. Is they're anything to do to simply fix the problem?

5. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    Can you use pliers to unscrew it?

6. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    No it's imbedded in the gun.

Attached Files:

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Oh christ that has happened to me too try to use a torx screw to unscrew it.

8. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    Ok, I'll try that shortly and get back to you with the results.

9. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Maybe try a tiny Philips head at an angle, it's gonna mess the screw up but it's already messed up.

10. bortzie15

bortzie15 New Member

Try using a drill bit that matches the size of the head and screw the head off it. I don't know if this will work but I don't take any responsibility for anything that gets messed up while trying this.

11. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Take some jb weld and put it on the Allen key then shove it into the screw, let it dry then take it out. Ive had to do it before. Ruined the screw and Allen key but those are cheap to replace

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    I personally would drill out the screw (and because I'm in precision machining) re-thread the hole for a slightly larger screw, they have taps and dies at home depot, send me a message before attempting for more info on this fix