Sniper rifle

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by sniperboy21, Jul 24, 2012.

1. sniperboy21

sniperboy21 New Member

Is the WELL VSR-10 MB02 good because I am new to air soft and I am looking for a good bolt action sniper rifle with a scope and bi-pod but i would like to keep the price is under 120$ and fps above 400

2. JTFox

JTFox New Member

Personally, I would stay away from WELL.
    If your planning in being a sniper, be ready to pour some money into your weapon to make it preform well. Lots of upgrades my friend.
    The JG BAR-10 (JGs take of the VSR-10, pure clone of the TM VSR-10) is a good starting platform. Its what im currently working on.
    ShiftyShooter has many threads on sniper rifles you need to check out.
    Id provide a link, but its hard to on my phone.

3. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    I have experience with the well and jg. My first gun was an AGM vsr-10 which i bought 4 years ago. It can compete with aeg's, and is very reliable and easy to upgrade. It all depends on the guns your playing against. But the AGM beats the JG and the WELL

4. JTFox

JTFox New Member

Maybe stock. But like any sniper rifle, you should be upgrading it, so all you end up with is the shell of your old rifle. At that point stock brand really dosent matter, its whats inside that counts. (lol that sounds corny)

5. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    haha. yeah. you are correct the jg ''outsides''(externals) are much better. but your paying for that because the jg is twice the agm. its your choice bro

6. JTFox

JTFox New Member

I personally havent had exp with AGM. But from what ive seen from my teammates exp with that brand theyre not good. But I really have no room to talk there.
    Only UTG and JG ive meddled with myself, and both these brands, in my opinion, are good starting platforms for around $100. The stock rifle itself isnt bad, but if your not going to upgrade it you will be disapointed with the overall preformace. Be warned, to upgrade your sniper rifle with quality parts be ready to spend a lot of money. The rifle you end up after even just a few upgrades, will be a good weapon.

7. fradd

fradd New Member

If you are a sniper, your sniper rifle is going to need to be able to be accurate at AT LEAST 200 feet.
    You'll have to either upgrade quit a few things, or find a higher end brand.

@JTFox What is your avatar from, I remember it from something.

8. JTFox

JTFox New Member

@Frad Its Brak from Cartoon Network. They aired the show latenight when I was young. Originally seen with shows like Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

@Sniperboy21, I really reccomend doing some research before you jump into buying a sniper rifle. Like i mentioned before, go look at some of shifty's information on sniper rifles. He and lots of other people here have tons of great info. Dont go buy what we say! Read reviews, learn what parts are compatable, pick out a style you like. It took me a month before i decided what rifle to buy lol.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012