Sniper Sidearm

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by ScuffySniper, Jan 21, 2021.

1. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    I've been looking at the Echo 1 GAT for my side arm. It's a bit annoying since it's pretty much sold out everywhere, but I like the look and I'm just waiting till it pops up being sold. Also, what's up with it being sold out?

That said, is there anything I should know about it? I'm thinking about teching a bit, but it's not a top priority.

My other option that I am interested in is the German MP40.

btw, the look I'm going for with my loadout is the TF2 sniper.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    American Consumerism Does Not Apply in Airsoft.

Everything is made in batches. Here today, perhaps gone forever tomorrow.

3. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    Fair point

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    What about a GBB SMG?

5. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Wow Guges, and here I thought you despise GGB for anything other than feel. ;)

6. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    Well, I'm not too picky as far as that goes. I haven't used GBB before, but my understanding is that it can be a bit finicky/pricey.

Any particular GBB SMG you suggest?

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    If you play in Fresno, you shouldn't have to many issues.

What about the new PP2000?

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    I never despised GBB's in general...I despise CO2 Airsoft in any form.

GrimWolf0770 and Splode like this.
  9. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Hadnt seen that. Thats actually pretty exotic looking.

If he did go the cheap aeg smg route, any suggestions? Im not nearly as good with branding as you and its all convoluted with so much rebranding.

10. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Stuff does break a lot faster on GBB though. More moving parts made with crappy metal means more issues.

11. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    Hmm, as Splode said, it is a bit exotic looking. I'll definitely keep an eye on that one as I'm looking.

[​IMG]

This is the gun I'm looking to reference in my loadout. I believe it's based on a MAT49

[​IMG]

Which I have yet to see an Airsoft version of.

12. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    Is it possible to tech it enough to mitigate the wear and tear?

13. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    You can keep it greased, maybe do a few reliability mods and put in sturdier parts but that costs $$$ and a lot of the time there is no other part and especially on an uncommon designed gun like that, even replacing with stock parts is almost impossible to source. Anything blowback will break eventually because its higher stress.

14. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    Honestly the price point is probably the biggest issue. Right now I can't justify spending over 200$ for a sidearm.

15. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    https://www.evike.com/products/60286/#pagetabs

Check this one out. Despite it being S&T, if you remove that foregrip it is pretty close to what youre looking for. It being S&T shouldnt matter much if you are planning on teching a bit and will replace shoddy parts.

ScuffySniper likes this.
  16. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    It is kind of possible. Problems arise when you can't find upgrade parts that exactly match the stock ones. And while it is theoretically possible to create an airsoft version of "The Deacon's Wonderful One Horse Shay", there will almost always be a weakest point, even after upgrading every part (little bit of a political tangent here. This is one of my issues with gun control rules: if you outlaw the most dangerous weapon, for example, guns, then there will always be another most dangerous weapon, for example, knives, just look at the UK. At what point do you stop outlawing dangerous weapons, when blunt objects are illegal?).

Splode and ScuffySniper like this.
  17. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    It is pretty similar to what I'm looking for. If I can remove the foregrip then I will seriously consider this one. Review on Evike make it seem like reassembly would be a pain though.

18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    The most common Sniper Side Arm strictly on "functionality"

TM Mk23

[​IMG]

Under certain condition...it may even out perform your sniper rifle...

Str8creepin likes this.
  19. ScuffySniper

ScuffySniper Member

Fresno
    Had to look that reference up. Seems like it would be easier to get a gun that's very common to find parts for, but unfortunately I'm obstinate in wanting something pretty and different!

And well, to address the tangent: that's expecting the whole Gun control laws to make sense. The whole AR/dangerous gun issue is ridiculous.

OutlawAirsoft likes this.
  20. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis