"Sniper" Tape

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by JTFox, Jul 25, 2012.

1. JTFox

JTFox New Member

There may be a thread on this, but i did indeed search but could not find anything.
    Theres this tape called "snipers" tape or gaffers tape that can be used as an alternative to painting or as a "base coat" so you dont ruin the origninal stock of your gun with paint. It comes in diffrent matte colors and has a fabric type feel to it. This looks like wonderful stuff.
    Has anyone had personal exp with it? Does it come off clean? How did it conform to uneven surfaces?

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Is this the stuff your talking about.

ForumRunner_20120725_115213.jpg

If it is It's not bad stuff and it gives the gun a better grip for sure. But I don't particularly like it especially if your planning on wrapping your whole gun in it.

3. microsoft

microsoft New Member

"snipers" tape is really just a gun sock that slips over the weapon
    they do make "tape" but its pretty much camo duct tape, so it would probably leave a residue but would be okay to paint on
    just dont leave your gun in the heat

4. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

I have seen a 'tape' like thing, I was going to get it but it was too expensive for my tastes.
    There is no residue that it leaves, it just somehow stays on and peels off after.

Edit: A link would be extremely helpful to get a better idea of what you are talking about.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  5. tallandcreepy

tallandcreepy New Member

Ladson
    The "snipers tape" is like a medical bandage. The one I uses just sticks to its self and leaves nothing on the gun.

6. JTFox

JTFox New Member

This looks the most similar to it. And yes i am planning in wrapping my whole gun in it not just to protect it, but to paint over it without damaging the original stock.
    Here is a link to what im looking at. I dont think I would buy it from this place thou.
    http://www.gaffatape.com/sniper-tape/default.aspx

Im just trying to get more information about how it works before I buy it. Not like its an investment or anything, its still money lol.
    I also seen medical fabric tape and medical paper tape used, but it dosent stick well and paint will bleed through it.

7. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
  8. JTFox

JTFox New Member