Sniper trigger assemblies

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Long in the Tooth, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Long in the Tooth

Long in the Tooth New Member

Fort Collins
    So I'm pretty new to airsoft and I'm trying to figure out how to fix a sniper that i found at a pawn shop. I know, generally a bad place to find anything nice, but it was really pretty nice and i couldn't beat the price. I got home and tried it and it would cock, but immediately fires. The pin that holds the spring back wasn't doing it's job.
    I pulled it apart and discovered that the spring holding pin (for lack of a better name) has a little lip that was worn down. (The piece I'm talking about is the little 'L' shaped piece)
    I went online to find a replacement part, and found out it might not be so easy.
    I ordered a trigger assembly for a BAR 10, but when i got it i figured out that what i had was a different gun. Because i bought it from a pawn shop, I've only been able to guess what kind of gun it is. The trigger assembly i got had an 'L' piece that was too small and the holes for the mounting screws were too big too.

So here is my question: how can i identify this gun? How can i get it working? I can't seem to find a huge variety of replacement parts either. Do i have to figure out who the manufacturer is and contact them? I've thought about machining the part, but it's small and pretty complex, especially for my less-than-pro machining skills. Suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Need closer pics of individual components, as well as any distinguishing branding, etc.

cetane likes this.

3. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    Picture of the magazine too. Close up of the mag feed lips. Will help identify if vsr or aps2 based rifle

-Spitfire- likes this.
  4. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    If you cant get help here (unlikely...) try out airsoftsniperforum.com

5. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    @1tonne

6. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    I can't tell what brand it is but it is an M24 not a VSR10.
    Take pictures of the Trigger, cylinder, piston, spring guide and hopup chamber. Then we may be able to help.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  7. Long in the Tooth

Fort Collins
    Thanks, I'll take it apart and take some pictures later today.

8. 1tonne

1tonne Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    By the way, I am not M24 expert. I have one but I only pull it apart once every few years as I like the VSR10 more. So someone else be able to identify the parts. If I know though, I will reply.

9. Long in the Tooth

Fort Collins
    Alright, here are the pictures. I took pictures of the stock from two angles, the roundness of the hand hold area seemed distinctive, the hop up, the fluting on the outer barrel, mag, bolt and spring, and the two trigger assemblies. The trigger assembly pictures are if the existing and vsr/bar trigger (which DOES NOT work), as well as another picture comparing the spring holding pin. Let me know if anymore specific pictures are needed.

Attached Files:

10. cetane

cetane Well-Known Member

Markham & Stouffville, Ontario, Canada
    Perhaps a lancer tactical m24?

11. Long in the Tooth

Fort Collins
    I
    I think you're right.