Sniper

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by shotgun211, Sep 2, 2012.

1. shotgun211

shotgun211 New Member

Is a CYMA mk51 bolt action sniper rifle with scope and bipod for $60 a good deal?

2. pelster491

pelster491 New Member

Just get an agm mp001 they are like 70 bucks and are vsr10 Clones.

3. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Don't get a sniper rifle. You'll need to pour hours of work and hundreds of dollars into it, and even then, are you sure being a sniper is your play style?

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Don't listen to this.
    Although he is right about large amounts of money in upgrades, you should do what YOU want. If you want a sniper rifle, then get one. The thing that non-sniper rifle players don't realize is that part of the fun of having a sniper rifle is upgrading it and making it work for YOU.

with that being said, you need to be smart when purchasing a sniper rifle. Don't get something with no upgrade parts or very few. Because that gun will perform horribly, and probably give you a bad look on spring sniper rifles.
    You want to buy something that has plenty of upgrade parts. Look for a gun that is compatible with the vsr-10 or APS2. Although you may want to get more money into your budget for the rifle itself. Once you have a gun that takes those parts you can upgrade it over time. It may take awhile but once you finish your gun you'll be glad you took the role of a sniper. Good luck man, let us know what else you come up with.

5. shotgun211

shotgun211 New Member

Ok so can the CYMA mk51 be upgraded?

6. shotgun211

shotgun211 New Member

Can I change the plastic trigger in a sniper rifle to a metal one?

7. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    At this price range, nothing is worth buying. Save up some more and get a UTG gun.

8. shotgun211

shotgun211 New Member

Ok so I ordered the CYMA mk51 and I was wondering if I can use some parts from an old airsoft pistol on it like, the trigger or springs and stuff. If the trigger is plastic I would like to change it to a metal one.

9. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area

Most likely not. You should've went with a UTG like what shifty said.

10. shotgun211

shotgun211 New Member

I think it is a vsr10 clone so I can modify it to be pretty powerful

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

NO IT IS NOT. To make it a force to be reconded with on the field it will cost 500+ dollars in upgrades. But the problem is that gun cannot be upgraded.

12. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    I truly wish you would've waited and would've let us better help you in picking a gun. Hopefully this will be more of a lesson for you. Regardless I hope you can still enjoy that gun.

13. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    No...it's not.

you dun goof'd

14. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Please listen to the people that try to help you. You are going to be disappointed in the gun, and also the fact that you will not be able to upgrade it with cheap spring pistols like you wanted...

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

This is starting to remind me of befegler.

16. noobpod

noobpod New Member

Chicago
    If I were you I wouldn't open that package. Try to send it back and get a refund. If you can't, try to enjoy the gun anyway and try better next time.

17. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Yes try and give it back.

18. SharpShot99

SharpShot99 USMC CBRN Armed Driver Lifetime Supporter

Stamford
    This is the most true thing that you will probably ever hear, I thought a Sniper Rifle was cool when I was 15, So I bought a Maruzen L96, and lost every time when I went to the Local Airsoft Field. Find a Cheap AEG on the classifieds section and upgrade it. You will enjoy airsoft much more than sniping and it will be much cheaper/

19. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Hopefully he doesn't tell us that it is a really good gun.

20. wolf00

wolf00 New Member

It should be good but is it used?