Sniper

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by AshSoldierBoi, Sep 25, 2012.

1. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

Hi all, I'm a Sniper, and I'm looking for any ideas on guns. Whats your picks? :)

2. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Go to a website, find guns you like, and then ask for opinions here.
    Websites:
    Evike.com
    AirsoftGI.com
    AirSplat.com
    And many more

3. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    You're not a sniper, you don't know that. It's been asked many times before you (but usually with poor grammar and demanding demeanour, thank you for that). You won't be able to get a bolt action rifle considerably more accurate than an AEG for any less then $700. Even then, the only real advantage bolt action snipers have is a noise decrease.

Honestly I recommend getting a JG M16 or G3, or a CYMA M14. Use .28 BBs and you'll be as accurate as any on the field. Heavy is good, don't use .2s. You might make an arguement about how you are a sniper at heart. Anything you cab say has been said before, and it's pretty much proven over and over people with AEGs stay in the game longer, as they don't have a disadvantage and therefore suffer lack of enjoyment.

4. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

Firstly, I can't stand bad grammar...

Secondly, I've only ever been a sniper when I've been in fights... And also, I'm new to the terms of airsoft, whats AEG? :p

5. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

Also, can you give me a link to a good starter gun?

6. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Budget? Fps? Things like that help.

7. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
  8. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Automatic electric gun. I would recommend a JG M16, JG G3, or CYMA AK/CYMA M14. All can be found on AirsoftGI.com. Make sure to use .28 BBs for accuracy, keep the gun cleaned best you feel comfortable doing. If you order, use "Facebookfan" coupon code for the best current discount @ 12% off.

They are all really solid, cheap, and upgradable. The JG M16 is ridiculously upgradable and tough. Parts are easy to find (external and internal, it's an M4 variant, being the most common is usually a good thing as parts and guides are all over the place). If you don't mind the look of it, that's my #1 recommendation.

I like the advice, but from my experience that rifle would be a horrible rifle, especially for a beginner. A&K has subpar externals and internals, especially for the price. Also, that price. The JG M16 has better internals by far and is half the cost. I definitely wouldn't recommend a $275 rifle as a starter gun, even if it were something of top tier quality. Which in my opinion, A&K is NOT.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  9. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

No budget really.. hahah, and over 400FPS prefered..

10. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
  11. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

So, my first fight I go to I'm renting a gun before I buy any. And about my price range, I actually need it in the lower $100's... I am honestly lost with all the names... AEG, m16... I am a legit newb. I admit it.

12. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Make sure your local field allows it. The JG M16 will shoot a little over 400fps. If you want to dial it down, fire it on fully automatic and leave it for a day or two. Then fire it on semi automatic for a full cycle. This compresses the spring due to a partial cycle from fully automatic, and semi-automatic will decompress the spring.

Edit: Screw it, I'm getting on my computer and linking you. If you don't mind the look of the gun I show you, get exactly what I link you to. Nothing more, nothing less. More can come later when you become hopelessly addicted to the sport. A newcomer with grammar has to stay, I shall not let you get ripped off by the Airsoft gods.

13. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I understand. I've personally never had a problem with A&K, but I suppose some of us just get lucky. I was trying to recommend the KWA SR12, which costs a pretty penny, but its out of stock. Normally I wouldn't suggest a $300 weapon for beginners, but I guess I get carried away from time to time. I would agree with you though, JG has outstanding performance, modifcation levels, and reliability for the price.

You'll have to keep me in check Prime ha ha.

14. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Problem is relative. If you use an upgraded rifle (or even just tuned) every stock gun will fire like it has a problem to you.

NO. NOT KWA. NO.

If you have $400, you have 3 good options.
    KWA- if you don't want to upgrade at ALL, won't fall for their "lipo ready" lies, and are ok with average externals. This is the good option 10% of the time.
    JG upgraded (can send to a tech)- for $250, even after shipping, a JG can become whatever you want it to be. You can make it shoot 300ft, or 40rps. Bad externals though. This is the good option 60% of the time.
    G&P/VFC stock- Epic externals, internals almost as good as KWA. Good option 30% of the time.

15. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Gee, for the price of that SR25 I would say just buy the CYMA RPK and DMR that thing.

-edit- AirsoftimusPrime, if you like him do much why not just get his gun all tuned for him, free of charge. You say you want him to stay after all. :p

16. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

*pretends to follow along like he know's what's happening'

17. AshSoldierBoi

AshSoldierBoi New Member

I like this idea ^^ Heheheh, kidding. x3

18. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

SR25 is a gun, CYMA is a company/brand, and RPK is a gun.

-edit- Oh yeah, I forgot DMR means Designated Marksman's Rifle (Yes I used it as a verb. Do I care, no)

19. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    Trust us when we tell you to get a AEG to start with, and with that I'm going to suggest a JG M16 platform as well. Then over time work it into a sniper DMR. Here's a picture of mine to hopefully steer you into the right direction.

ForumRunner_20120925_230429.jpg

Attached Files: