Sniping with a sr25

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by kobsauce, Dec 20, 2012.

1. kobsauce

kobsauce New Member

I found a rely nice gun I like it's a a&k sr25 and it's full auto and I want to know if if it would be good for snipping

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    It would be very good once it's been upgraded.

3. kobsauce

kobsauce New Member

It has a good gearbox and I want to upgrade the gearbox and barrel

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    It does have a good gearbox, and there are good upgrades for it. I suggest a new gearset, new piston, piston head, and a mosfet. Get an o-ring air nozzle, and a prometheus barrel. Get it r-hoped, shimmed, AoE, and general tuning, and you'll have a great gun.

5. Uller

Uller Active Member

Topeka
    I have owned two of them aswell,and from my experience with them they need to be opened up right out of the box anyway.The factory shimming was terrible on both of mine,so shimming was a must.Poor compression at the CH and air nozzle,so the M130 spring it came with wasnt able to supply the power in both it could have.So I replaced those,and installed a new #14 oring on the PH's.I ended up doing an AOE correction on the stock pistons of each one and called it good.Its been awhile,but as I recall I got both of them to fire in the 460's somewhere with the stock spring on .2's when everything was said and done.

Out the gate they are mediocre at best,and will require shimming and tuning to make them run right and last.They are however a good choice to build from if you can find a used one for cheap,and have done the research into the parts of which these guns use propriatary parts or those shared with but a few other guns.

My advice to you if you get one is get it reshimmed,and an AOE correction first,then you can dink around with fixing the compression problems later.

6. kobsauce

kobsauce New Member

Thanks guys you've been a lot of help