So What's Up Peasants Pt. 2, the Redux.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Shady, May 24, 2019.

1. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Since the other thread is glitching out, I've created this one to replace it.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Well-Known Member

Meadville
    Aye frens, MSW starts today, I’ll update as I can

3. Wingman703

Wingman703 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Atlanta
    Solid move. Seeing posts that far out of order was serious mindgames.

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ohai, nice new thread.

5. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Good idea.

On topic, I’ve had horrible luck with holsters recently...bought a G21 Serpa for my WE G17 and I was sent one for an XDM. Returned it and bought another one from a different seller. It arrived today...annnddd it was for a Ruger Sr9 or something. So now I once again have to return it and try and find a different one...

6. Lefse

I'm gonna attempt a rather ambitious 3D printing project this weekend, either I'll end up with a set of decent UMP midcaps, or a set of oddly shaped paper weights.

7. Jakester88

Jakester88 Active Member

Hartland
    Aye bro how was it?

8. brokenarrow

Meadville
    Sucked, not for me, destroyed my interest in this hobby tbh

9. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    Damn, that bad?

10. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    That's how the last event I went to ended up. 100+ people and 1 single issue ruined it for virtually everyone. Whole thing could have been prevented if players actually read the player pack and ruleset beforehand...

11. brokenarrow

Meadville
    Got bored and decided to leave, my friends had left for home without me before that so I was stranded, then cadre starting making fun of the kid who dropped out because he couldn’t see (me, it was a panic attack) then I got roasted all over Facebook for being too much of a coward to finish MSW

12. redmoon3580

redmoon3580 Member

What happened?

What was the issue?

I've been debating trying to go to one of the insurgency games in 2020, but I'm not totally sold on it.

13. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    To make a long story short:
    - People are dumb.
    The general consensus of the majority of players was that this was a giant open-play. In reality each team had separate objectives to complete throughout the course of the day. Completing said objectives gained you certain perks during gameplay, and put sanctions on the other team. I.e. losing forward bases meant you lost forwad spawnpoints, capturing them granted you forward spawns, finding intel allowed you to cut off other team's communications etc... I wouldnt call it a Milsim, more of Comsim.

The squad I was with was gung-ho on completing our objectives, the rest of the team was more content in sitting around and playing paddy-cake in a CQB town with elements of the other team. The other team on the other hand was content in sitting in their forward outposts, and using their large numbers advantage to simply wipe out any force that tried to take one. My squad was 6 strong, theirs were 12-15, plus they had the high ground advantage. When my team finally got bored of sitting around, we turned into a terrifying steamroller and simply rolled over the opposing team. That was until we captured an outpost that was contested by the other team. The player pack clearly stated (and the officials did as well at the pre-gaame briefing) that any contested point could not be used as a respawn point. Apparently there were about 8 people who read and listened because at that point in the game we had about 50 players nearly break into a physical fight over who got to reswpawn at the point. Myself and 2 others from the opposite team got together in the middle of the ongoing firefight to talk about what was going on, called over a few refs and got the situation taken care of with no further incident. Unfortunately that left a pretty sour taste in everyone's mouth and most players simply walked off the field.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019
  14. Wingman703

Wingman703 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Atlanta
    Guys, knock it off. If you have issues with how a game mode/event was organized, take it up with the people that organized it.
    If you have issues with a member, take it up via PM's.
    This thread is NOT for the bashing of events/organizers/participants or for craptalking. Take it elsewhere.

Danerd, I've left your post(with some edits for profanity) up as its nothing more then "I disliked this event and this is why", which is fine and well within reason.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  15. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Well, that was interesting. #pickupgamesftw

BOA_SP3CT3R, Chow and Honeybadgerz17 like this.
  16. Lefse

Just shows that actually reading the rules beforehand can avoid many misunderstandings.

Hesterminator, -Spitfire- and Chow like this.
  17. dernst

dernst Member

This is why games played in the back 40 with a large group of semi-responsible friends are still the most fun

18. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Just stopping by to check in.

Raven1st, -Spitfire- and Lefse like this.
  19. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Did more pistol training at FrontSight. Got to hop out of a car and shoot during several drills.
    IMG_7264.jpg

Also got to experience how little room there is under a sedan.
    What is this “don’t crowd the cover” you speak of?
    IMG_7271.jpg

Passenger side door is open because the driver door jammed and I had to crawl through the car towards the “bad guy”. Not an optimal situation.

20. brokenarrow

Meadville
    I wish I could find classes like that around me, they look like a blast