So What's Up Peasants Pt. 2, the Redux.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Shady, May 24, 2019.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Well-Known Member

Meadville
    New place is spiffy! Also got a PC finally!!! IMG_7330.jpg

Lefse, Chow and Beetlebz like this.
  2. Wingman703

Wingman703 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Atlanta
    Yall are lucky lol, we had hours and pay cut due to the Rona(work in the aviation industry). I'd LOVE to be working 60+hrs right now.

Also PC masterrace.

brokenarrow likes this.

3. brokenarrow

Meadville
    We went from slow, to super busy, to layoffs over the course of 2 months....

And yes PC master race

4. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Cali on fire yo.
    62135895253__C693D6B0-6280-40FF-B3B4-5060938C1747.jpg

It’s trippy being outside at 9am while it looks like it’s a foggy sunset.

Edit:
    Spending the morning in the DMV line. 2020 vehicle reg never got to me so I need to go in-person and wait.
    Can’t make an appointment either, so here goes 3 hours of my time.

Better then driving around with 2019 tags tho.

Edit2:
    They handed out a list of the 9 things they will let people in the building for. Renewing registration was not on their so I asked the guy handing out the list if I could still go in because I could not complete my registration online, he said yes.
    45 minutes of waiting latter another guy comes out and says they are firmly sticking to the list and no exceptions are going to be made.
    A third DMV employee comes out and starts walking the line to give people the yes/no if they can be seen today. He gets to me and I get a no, even though I can only fix this issue in-person and the online CA DMV portal sucks so hard I can barely get through a vehicle transfer let alone fixing their screw up, “you’ll have to come back another day”.

Icing on the cake is that I can’t even make an appointment because they are working through the backlog of appointments they had to cancel due to Rona.

I can’t wait to get into a pissing match with the DMV employee when they find out I’m a WA resident and am registering the vehicle to a non-personal work address.

Just *Italian hands*

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    aotsukisho likes this.
  5. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Good news is I got accepted into the Masters program I applied to.

Bad news is now I have to come up with a way of funding it..grants and scholarships are maxed out and no help from family. Private loan interest rates are insane at around 10-14%. Federal Loans are an option, but will only add to the massive stack of loans I already have withstanding. Been crunching numbers the past few days and it looking more and more like plan C may be an option - depending on what comes out of the conversation that is to be had.

On another note, I am tossing around the idea of another one-off custom build....

aotsukisho likes this.
  6. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    Well it’s official. Cue the groans, I’m getting back into airsoft (again). A big group of friends has started playing and invited me to join. Since anything real steel has been a nightmare to find or acquire legally in NY, I took them up on the offer. Played my first game 2 weeks ago. I need to get back into shape.

It’s nice to see some familiar faces are still here. Hope you guys are all doing well. This year has certainly been something else.

Anyway, it’s great to be back. A lot has changed in the airsoft world since I was last active, and I’m looking forward to catching up with it all.

7. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm back guys. Moved back to texas now after the divorce and all the rest of the crap strom and have more time on my hands to check in and take care of things.

8. Wingman703

Atlanta
    Divorce? That's unfortunate. I wish you the best Shades.

9. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Thanks brother. It is what it is at this point. She asked for the separation about 2 months after we got to idaho, officially wanted a divorce a month later, so it's been a few months now. Tried to make it on my own up there but depression won. Fell into some pretty bad habits, it was time to retreat and regroup so to speak. Back at my parents place so I can get my life together. Silver lining though I'm seeing this really great girl. Old friend of mine, we reconnected while the divorce was going on and things are going really well.

10. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Hopefully things will continue to look up Shady depression ain't a joke.

Also hello is this thing still on?

11. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    What thing?lol

12. brokenarrow

Meadville
    Heck it, I’m MSW bound this weekend

13. smiles

smiles Active Member

fleetwood
    Heyo some of you guys might remember me, most probably dont. Looking to get back into airsoft to try and test my real steel kit and see what works for me. That being said, I haven't been following airsoft for a couple years now. What's a brand m4 to get me back into it? Customization options, aftermarket support, and as close to a real AR as possible (functionality and spec wise) are all a plus. Looking for an aeg not gas because Pennsylvania is too cold in the winter. What brands should I be looking at?

-Spitfire- likes this.
  14. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    Welcome back. Top brands for AEG M4 externals are currently VFC, G&P, and Krytac. Of those, VFC and Krytac have the better stock internals, and while all are upgradable, VFC and and G&P will involve less modding(as long as you avoid the i5 gearbox). Upgrades haven't changed too much, though there are some newcomers (like the cyma and kratos fmr pistons, brushless motors, truhop and maple leaf buckings/packings, etc.).

15. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Really depends what you're looking for in terms of an AEG mimicking an AR-15, and assuming you aren't looking at systems like Systema PTW or GBLS DAS

Empty mag cutoff - Tokyo Marui NGRS, G&G G2 gearbox based ARs, KWA AEG2.5/AEG3 based ARs
    Electric blowback - Tokyo Marui NGRS, KWA AEG3 based ARs

Tokyo Marui being of course the most Marui-compatible compared to other brands claiming to be so. I don't have too much experience with the other brands, although be wary of VFC's polycarbonate piston as in my opinion that is the wrong plastic to be using for that part. G&G's pneumatic blowback models are to be avoided due to the relatively low durability gearbox due to further weakening the front of a normal v2 in order to fit the extra parts.

KWA and Krytac are less Marui compatible, G&P moreso. Not sure about VFC, I would trust Spitfire on those. I own an NGRS and can vouch for it but unfortunately my G&G G2 (ARP9) and KWA AEG2.5+ (TK.45c) have the empty mag cutoff disabled due to them being unique PCCs. Also seconding what Spitfire says about the G&P i5 gearbox, it's given some of my friends nothing but headaches too.

16. brokenarrow

Meadville
    Well MSW Caspian Siege was fantastic, I’m glad I went

17. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Heyyy, Long time, peeps. Got caught up this year with new house and job and cheating wife and covid and all that. :|
    Whats new around here? Did we ever get those custom airsoft society patches out?

-Spitfire- likes this.
  18. Wingman703

Atlanta
    Maybe? I more remember Team Cambodia patches. I think there were some AS stickers handed out, but I don't think there was ever a patch distribution. If there was it was before my time here.

19. -Spitfire-

Oceanside
    Yup, patches are finished and available for sale! There should be a link to that thread in my signature. If you want to buy any, just shoot me a PM

Wingman703 and Splode like this.
  20. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    Dayummm those look thexy.

-Spitfire- likes this.