301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Haha,Halliburton wants me for $10k/y more, can’t say no

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Finally back from Army training... 15 weeks of insanity and I'm itching to get back into things after I get settled in. Anything important I may have missed in the past 4 months?
Congratulations, and not really. I have amassed several more guns I didn't really "need" (I actually did need them), and obviously the new forum setup.

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Finally back from Army training... 15 weeks of insanity and I'm itching to get back into things after I get settled in. Anything important I may have missed in the past 4 months?
Forum changed a bit in setup, maybe 4 whole posts, and that’s about it

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
I haven't seen much change yet - at least on mobile. Desktop should be different when I get my computer back together.
Mobile seems unchanged, I still can’t upload photos on mobile lmao

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Most likely yes, I’m convinced the same on pretty much any ambi selector platform

Reactions: Chow

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I am growing more and more convinced a sadist designed the JG g36.
I loved/hated that platform when I had a couple of them. At least the gearbox was fairly easy to work on. Of all the things, I remember hating the battery compartment and area where the hop up unit was located at. I kind of remember having a lot of issues with air leaks between the nozzle from the gb and the hop up

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Last time I owned one was ~2005, back when I was still doing paintball (Spyder mr1, teardrop, co2 w/ remote line, bunch of little stuff). Picked another JG up recently on the cheap as it's mechanically a basket case, slowly restoring/rebuilding. So much weird crap in there. Not looking forward to cramming a battery + 'FET into the handguard:cautious:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Last time I owned one was ~2005, back when I was still doing paintball (Spyder mr1, teardrop, co2 w/ remote line, bunch of little stuff). Picked another JG up recently on the cheap as it's mechanically a basket case, slowly restoring/rebuilding. So much weird crap in there. Not looking forward to cramming a battery + 'FET into the handguard:cautious:
Nice, some friends of mine had quite a few of the JG M4s and G36s back in 2008-2010ish and they worked great. They mostly ran them until they broke, but they were reliable for a long time. I got mine fairly cheap back in 2015ish, but I do remember the entire handguard/battery compartment being super annoying. I had wired mine with a small gate mosfet iirc, but it was such a mess (and I think that was after I had bought the extended G36K handguard as well).

I made a thread on it that I found back in 2016. Not sure if any of the info is helpful anymore, but here is the link to it down below.

JG G36c (Gradual WIP) Thread

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Some quality work and documentation in there, will definitely give it a more in depth read before piecing this one back together. Everything is so new and shiny on yours :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Some quality work and documentation in there, will definitely give it a more in depth read before piecing this one back together. Everything is so new and shiny on yours :cry:
Haha, thanks, it was a mess when I first got it, but I tried putting some tlc into it when I fixed it up. I think I only used the main one I had (the G36k) a handful of times at the field before I sold it. The photo below shows my G36k up front and a buddy with his JG G36c on the right during a game at the local field back in 2016 or so.

Squad Military camouflage Camouflage Plant Sky

Best of luck with yours, they are a beast to work on

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you peruse through my tech thread, I have documentation on the few that I have built over the years. Ironically enough my new one was waiting on my doorstep for me to arrive back from training - along with a sizeable box from Brill with parts galore in it to really make this thing a beast. Pretty impressed with it so far as JG has tweaked a few things since I last opened one up some ~3 years or so ago. I'll be documenting this build in my tech thread - I just have to go dig it up.

IMO, the G36 is far easier to work on than most M4s and other ambi platforms out there. I do have to agree on the battery space being tricky. Way back in the day (~2011ish) I managed to fit a 3034 FET, wiring, deans plug and a 10.8v NiMh battery in the handguard with a little effort.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Way back in the day (~2011ish) I managed to fit a 3034 FET, wiring, deans plug and a 10.8v NiMh battery in the handguard with a little effort.
That's insane that you fit a NiMh in there with everything else 🤯 I have vague memories of wiring one of the ones I had to the rear with an external battery pack to hold a bigger lipo, but I could be thinking of something else

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
@Chow @danerd do either of you happen to know what the deal is with the JG g36 having two different types of hopup chambers? There appears to be one with a feed tube built into the hopup unit, another with it built into the magwell - both types are sold as TM and JG compatible?

Rectangle Auto part Automotive exterior Metal Font
Rectangle Gas Auto part Composite material Electronics accessory

Font Auto part Metal Electric blue Automotive tire
Product Camera accessory Camera lens Font Auto part

In other news, VFC glock locking blocks are still out of spec - about 0.5mm to tall causing significant slide drag. Couldn't be bothered to do the job proper, just leveled it in place and polished + cleaned up afterwards (VFC G19 gen3, Polymer80 lower from JDG).
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Automotive tire

·
Registered
989 Posts
@rm105 the magwells are for both TM and JG spec. JG decided to be special and integrate the feedtube into the hopup unit in lieu of the magwell like how TM has theirs. You can swap hop units and magwells freely between models - just make sure you have the corresponding hop unit and/or magwell that works with the other.

·
Administrator
11,379 Posts
VFC added material to that area RM, this is to prevent it from using TM aftermarket slides easily...but it also affected their stock "near" TM spec slides...Umarex is so fun...

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
That figures, block was so high/tight on this one it felt like the rails were full of sand. Still need to work on the hammer ramp, also seem to remember the slide release on these likes to wear out the notch in the slide... I think there was a polymer one folks used to run instead?

·
Administrator
11,379 Posts
VFC/Stark/Storm Arsenal Legacy Glocks all had metal slide releases...

301 - 320 of 327 Posts