So you wanna dual wield?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by shlunka, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    First off, sorry for the COD reference, but what else am I supposed to call it. Before you decide you want to go all "rambo" and try to be a bad-donkey, mule, or various other bovine creature, you need to first now the negative and positive sides of dual wielding.

Positive:
    You feel like rambo, though less muscular and slightly more understandable speech.
    You can put more bbs down range.
    You can shoot twice as much without reloading,"Based on same-gun use."

Negative:
    Accuracy is literally cut in 1/2 or worse than using one gun.
    Reloading will be a very huge problem, especially if you're winding hicaps.
    You're less mobile, as you cannot properly pump your arms to run, and the guns weigh you down, "unless you're using pistols"
    You don't have a spare hand to grab things, cover, climbing, radio will all become impossibly unless you sling both your weapons.
    If you fall, you cannot catch yourself.

All in all, you've gained more rof and more bbs, and lost mobility, accuracy, and general effectiveness on the field. Now, I have personally dual wielded gas pistols when my primary stopped working, and honestly did very poorly, whether due to a lack of experience with my sidearm or that dual wielding simply doesn't work is debatable.

Conclusion, the negatives far outweigh the positives, get one gun, get good with it.

2. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Cookeville
    The only effective dual wielding I have ever done involved 2 AK-47's

I used a hay bale to support the front ends of the gun and laid down suppressing fire for a couple of my guys to move forward, although this was effective, it was only because I was stationary and using a support to help operate the weapons.

So even in that circumstance, most of your negatives rang true, but I was able to single-handedly pin down 5 members of the opposing force.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    There's a whole large topic directly relating to this topic: http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f38/dual-wielding-27736/

In short, you've stated all the point, with the right gun, you can be effective, but you're more likely to be a mindless target than taking out targets yourself.

The main point is by dual wielding, your accuracy significantly drops, reloading is near impossible until your drop one of the weapons, mobility decreases regardless of weapon. But if you're laying down fire to slow down an enemy, it can be extremely effective due to the fact you have more fire power AND because you sound like multiple enemies instead of just one. So it comes down to situation vs situation. 9 times out of 10 it ain't worth it.
    The 1 time is for action shots and the pre-mentioned situation

4. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Sorry, I used the search bar and didn't find any results to that topic.

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Linked and locked.

-Closed-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.