Socom gear internal

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Navyhodge, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    So, I have a SOCOM gear 10.5'' Noveski that I want to upgrade. I've been told that SOCOM gear rifles use VFC internals. I really want to increase the ROF and accuracy/range. I'm just not sure where to start on this one. I was going to start with a MOSFET, but now i'm not sure anymore. If anyone could give me some suggestions with where to start and what specific parts to go with I would appreciate it (I.e. Systema, matrix, etc).

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Just stay cheap with SHS stuff. Especially if you're just getting into it :)

You can install a MOSFET, just make sure you're gonna have enough room for your battery when you install.

What fps and rate of fire are you trying to achieve? :) that will help us out

3. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Well I'd like to keep it right around 375-400fps at about 22-25 BBps. I'm more keen though on the range and accuracy. I do use .25's and on occasions .28's gram BB's.

4. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

For ROF, just get a better motor (Lonex red preferred) and maybe a piston (Lonex, SHS, core, etc) just for reliability. Or, you can simply put a MOSFET and deans. Keep in mind, there is very little room for a MOSFET in that crane stock/buffer tube.
    For range, I suggest a simple bucking (systema) and barrel (prommy) for starters. If you are somewhat technical, go for an r-hop or ER-hop with m-nub combo.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Doesn't it chrono 380+ out of the box? Lol.

Just grab a better piston. Air seal mods and you'll be in the 400 fps range.

6. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    It chronos at 360-365 consistently with .20s

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Hmmm. Just grab a new M115-M120 spring. Install.

Air seal mods.
    Shimming should be ok stock (but always check). No need to worry about AOE really at that rate of fire.

Ours chrono 385 +/-8 fps idk why. With basic modding will put you in the 400 fps limit range. But it's OTB status lol