Solar airsoft

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by KDAalternative, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    I have heard rumors from my friends the a airsoft company is working on solar powered airsoft guns. They're saying it is part of there way too save the earth. Basically how's the guns will work is they will be full auto or single shot and the externals of the gun will be made out of solar panels. What are your ideas on this?

2. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    This is literally the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my mediocre time on here. Price would be ridiculous, wouldn't allow for sustained use as solar panels on a small gun don't work that fast, it would break easier, and it would be impossible to do any sort of high demand build.
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

3. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Saving the earth is the stupidest thing to you? And also the rumors are saying that they're trying to work on it to make it not as expensive but make the gun higher powers

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    JESUS if you want solar power get a solar charger!! What the hell would putting a solar panel on an airsoft gun do?!?! I really hope your friend is like a worker in marketing so that he doesn't have any say in making these guns.

Too agreed.....

5. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    Your deduction of "He thinks the idea is bad" to " he must think saving the earth is bad too" is amazing.
    Hostess cupcakes can't fly. I can't fly. That means I must be a hostess cupcake. Isn't altered deduction fun?

What happens when it's dropped, and cracks a panel? What if it's cloudy? What about fixing a panel, what about all the gun being covered by your body or trees or something? This would call for a whole new system, a new breed of externally proprietary airsoft guns. The environment does not get a huge smack in the gut from airsoft batteries, because they last a very long time.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. KDAalternative

Chipley
    Its for charging it during a game they're saying that you start off by charging it for a couple of hours before the game but during the game the solar panels keep it charged so you don't have to charge

7. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    ??? Get multiple batteries and charge them all before the game! If you charge for several hours before a game, you ought to have plenty of time to charge on a solar charger of sorts, and a solar charger is an actual thing, unlike a solar airsoft gun.

Hell better yet if you want to save the earth, install solar panels around the house, not just for an airsoft gun.

8. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Batteries charged by solar power would be a much more practical approach to making airsoft a green sport. A gun with solar panel externals? Really? That really makes sense to you? :confused:

9. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    This is litterally the stupidest thing i have ever heard.lol I feeel stupider just from seeing you post this.

10. ReconOpsFireteam

ReconOpsFireteam New Member

Mohave Valley
    A Solar Paneled m4 would cost probably around $3,000.

11. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    While we're at it does this mean you couldn't play on a cloudy day??

12. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    Better leave your gun out the day before if you know clouds are moving in huh?

13. KDAalternative

Chipley
    You'd still have batteries but what if you can't afford batteries

14. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    Then how would you afford a solar powered gun?

15. KDAalternative

Chipley
    It ccould be a gift or you could have money for the solar gun but none left for batteries

16. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    [​IMG]

If you can't afford a battery you can't afford an airsoft gun, let alone a solar powered airsoft gun, on top of all of that if you can't afford a battery I'm sorry to say airsoft isn't the sport for you.

BBs are going to cost more than batteries.

17. soviet

soviet New Member

It's not possible the panel would be bigger than the gun. Get a solar powered charger. Me I just use electricity, and referring to saving the earth we have a few million years.

18. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    ALSO, Just thought of this, in order to store any power from a solar panel you would need a battery of sorts! Which means you can afford a battery!

19. ReconOpsFireteam

Mohave Valley
    I have to agree not to sound rude but the human race is not changing anytime soon. The earth still has millions of year ahead of it. Like researchers say:
    "The only things humans have to fear is, Humans"

20. soviet

soviet New Member

Also if you want to save the earth. Turn off your lights when your not in the room. Also saves your family Money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.