Some sort of sick joke?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Kalashnikov1974, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Kalashnikov1974

Kalashnikov1974 New Member

Butte
    Ok so I got this hop up for my jg g36c. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_71_369&products_id=25814. But when I installed it and put the mag in the bbs would go everywhere inside the gun because the chamber wasnt reaching the feed port hole thing on the magwell. Its like its meant to not work. Im sure im doing something wrong. Does anybody have any idea what it is?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Lol I agree it is meant to screw up. Also why did you call it some sort of sick joke?

Try just hitting the bottom of the mag or something. If not I'm sure you just put it in wrong

3. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    There are a couple of different hop-ups for G36s IIRC.

4. Kalashnikov1974

Butte
    ok thanks ill try it. I called it some sort of sick joke because it almost seems like its meant to frustrate people.

5. Kalashnikov1974

Butte
    Nope thats not the problem. There is about half an inch of space between the feeding hole on the magwell and the hop up chamber.

6. Thestig

Look at re original one and the new one. See how different they are. What brand gun is this in?

7. Kalashnikov1974

Butte
    It is in a jg. the hop up chambers look very different but it says it will work in a jg.

8. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Looks like a SRC style hopup from those pictures. SRC style hops don't fit any other brands.

9. Thestig

I thought that too, but I wanted to be sure it was right. There are the TM ones, the SRC ones, and one other, right? (I wanna say CA, but I can't remember off the top of my head)

10. Kalashnikov1974

Butte
    It says that it WILL fit in a JG. So is there some certain way to install it?

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    Unless its made by jg or Tokyo marui

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    Unless its made by JG or Tokyo Marui it probably won't fit, I'd personally use the original hop up and a new bucking, that might be the only way

13. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Does the hop up chamber spring back up when you install it? The two notches at the front of the chamber fit into a grove inside the outer barrel. That, plus the large spring that comes with the chamber, push the hop up back out, up against the gearbox. It sounds like you aren't installing it properly, as there would be about a half inch gap if the hop up unit didn't spring back.

14. Kalashnikov1974

Butte
    Yes i put the spring around the barrel and put it in sideways and twisted it then let it go back. It is right up against the gearbox. also its made by matrix.