Sound Grenades

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by USPxMASTERx, Aug 9, 2012.

1. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

I know this is a newby question, but I was wondering, why do you use sound grenades

2. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Sound grenades, like thunder Bs, cause temporary disorientation when exploded near persons. Those few seconds make a huge difference.

3. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Ohhhh... cause I always knew they make a loud bang, but i didnt know if they did anything else

4. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    Usually they are used for room clearing, throw one in a room everyone in it is dead. But fields different rules, but the ones up in the north texas area, say if it goes of within 20 feet of you or if your in the same room as it your dead.

5. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    At my field, T Bs do not count as kills.
    But they are still very effective weapons.

6. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Yeah same as mine field JakeBworth

7. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Sound grenades disrupt a persons OODA cycle.

The OODA cycle is:

Observe
    Orient
    Decide
    Act

When something unexpected occurs, a person naturally reverts to the "Observe" part of the cycle.
    Once they've observed and acknowleged the event, they must orient themselves to it, then make the decision on what to do.
    Once the decision has been made, they can act on that decision.

In a trained individual, this takes mere seconds or less, depending on the persons situational awareness. In a typical untrained civilian person, the cycle can take from 5 to 10 seconds or longer.

If a person is past the "Decide" state and waiting to take action (IE, hiding in a room waiting for the entry team to enter), if someone tosses in a Thunder B and it goes off, that person who was waiting to Act automatically reverts back to the Observe stage.

Those few seconds may be all the advantage the entry team needs.

8. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

Thanks for the information Sparky_D

9. foxtrot7

foxtrot7 New Member

Reading
    Sparky_D hit the nail on the head. It's pretty much the purpose of a flashbang. Bright light to blind and disorient, and the sound to disorient as well. If you really want to see something interesting, there isa flash bang that goes off multiple times. I want to say the name is a 9-banger but I'm not 100% sure.

10. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    Well, to put it real basic and simple, thunder b's are loud as all get out and they will scare the living daylights out of someone not expecting it. They're almost comparable to a gunshot. So that's enough to disorient someone long enough for you to run in and safety kill them or shoot them.