Speedsofting and snipers will it work?

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by RussianSniper, Jul 7, 2015.

1. RussianSniper

RussianSniper New Member

Jacksonville
    I play with a sniper load out and I also have a local arena that plays a speedsofting gamemode I want to know if it will be effective

2. Badler

Badler Member

Los Angeles
    Short answer, no it will not be effective.

3. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Depends on what you want to be effective at.

Getting hit? Yes.

Getting kills? Probably not.

If I had a sniper loadout, I'd do it. Mostly to see how the other team would react to a bush wookie charging them full speed while toting a 4 foot long gun.

Or better yet, wear your sniper gear but use a CQB gun.

4. Jefzwang

Jefzwang Member

Los Angeles
    'Bush wookie' made me laugh out loud and get in trouble because I woke my mom up.

To OP, seriously, think about it. The role of sniper is one that requires patience and timing, and you want to do that in speedsofting? *Speed*softing?

5. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Congratulations, you've extended your life expectancy by 15 minutes.

But really, there isn't much to think about. A speedsofting sniper isn't a sniper. OP, why don't you bring along your sniper loadout the next time you visit your field and try it during a game? If it doesn't work, then it's not effective.

6. 1iv

1iv New Member

Melissa
    Most "sniper rifles have a 50-100ft engagement distance. Speed shooting could lead to an unsafe close range hit.

Someone crossing in front of your rifle while you are scoped in, would be badly bruised.

7. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Yes they do 1iv but its irrelevant indoors. He would be required to lower his fos which in turn would lower his engagement to the standard indior med of 5 or 10 feet depending on the place.

8. 1iv

1iv New Member

Melissa
    TFH-
    Since you seem to be up on the azure raptor rule books - What's the best weight of BB for indoor speed air soft?

9. MNairsoft7

MNairsoft7 New Member

If you have experience doing 360 qwikscopes, than you would be the most 1337 player out there.

On a serious note, If you carry a side arm, you might as well just use that.

10. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Azure raptor rule book? Personally I use .25 but pretty much anything will work... All depends on what works best for you but nothing less then .2. I also personally feel anything over .28 is a waste for indoor but thats just my opinion.

11. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member Moderator

Eastcoast
    This thread made me cringe. Not gonna lie.

12. MetaLcorE

MetaLcorE Member

Kansas City

A lot of threads here are making me cringe nowadays.

13. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    It is definitely possible I don't know what these other guys are saying it I speedsoft with a sniper just cut off a couple feet off the barrel and you will be fine. Make sure you quickscope though you won't have time to hard-scope so make sure your quickscoping or black scoping. A good way to practice this is go in your back yard and just have a target spin around a couple of time then randomly stop and shoot the target instantly.

14. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Cut a couple feet off the barrel??? What are you running that affords a couple of feet to lobbed off? A Mosin Nagant?

15. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member Moderator

Eastcoast
    Pretty sure he's trolling. If not... Well then now I've seen everything.

16. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    By a couple feet I was referring to like 18 inches that's how much I cut off it really depends on how long your sniper is.

17. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    Honestly, I always thought it would be interesting to have a CQB bolt action rifle, but as we've already established, a sniper rifle is impractical for speedsofting

18. Wallstreet

Wallstreet New Member

detriot
    No but on a serious note it is possible you just have to get the right sniper rifle. Like a lever action rifle would be a lot better than a bolt because you can get shots off a lot faster. I'm guessing the guy just wants the feeling of using a sniper. Go watch a YouTube channel called BrainExploder and watch his video with the 1892 winchester rifle it's pretty sick.

19. Noah_6

Noah_6 Active Member

Burbank
    I think I've seen that one. He's using a KTW spring powered winchester. Those things are unavailable in the U.S. and therefore pretty expensive. I can't really justify spending that much on a springer.

20. MNairsoft7

MNairsoft7 New Member

Proven tactic 11/10 works every time