Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
553 Posts
The golden boy motor is just a Chihai. 19T 28K. He doubles the price in exchange for shipping from America and half ways decent customer service.

I have some of those springs. Work great. I’ve never trimmed springs…

I don’t trust that guy though—the piston assembly he sells weighs over 30 grams, and he recommends it for high speed everything.

My issue isn’t with the piston, as I’ve actually had it withstand quite a bit of PME and retain functionality, and the head is fine (they’re both just Big Dragon crap branded by him, you can find them on Begadi), my issue is that he’s out there marketing a 30 gram piston assembly to guys like me who used to not know anything. Evidenced by the fact that I experienced PME so much…

· Registered
553 Posts
The gears spin fine individually, which makes me think that, if anything, the bushing/bearing holes are slightly out of alignment.

I should’ve mentioned—the gears only get two rotations no matter what the shimming is like. Zero shims and fully shimmed has the exact same result. All of the gears have tons of room to be shimmed properly, which makes me believe it’s how the gears are meshing, either because of the gears themselves or the shell.

I’ll stop hijacking your thread now, Spitfire. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts