Airsoft Forum banner
281 - 300 of 332 Posts

· Premium Member
6,418 Posts
I think "rectangular pattern" is what you wanted to use for that?

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I think "rectangular pattern" is what you wanted to use for that?
For the jimping, yes. Couldn't get it to work quite right at the time. Not sure how I'll do the engravings yet, though I imagine the Celtic pattern will be the easiest.

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
Sorry for the radio silence on my part, got a lot of pots on the stove right now, and not nearly enough time (or money) to finish them all at once. That said, the patch project is finished for now, so you should see a few more projects get finished on here in the next few weeks.

And in other news, now I don't feel so bad about liking the EMG BBs I was testing:
http://www.clandestineairsoft.com/b...7dr65sa5aoo7ns7YcLY8JGwAc8wKiBMCuD68h6-Zja-34

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 · (Edited)
Well, despite all appearances to the contrary, I'm still alive lol. Started writing for a company, attempting college again (part time instead of double major this time), and am still fueled by rage and caffeine, as a [email protected]$$ Marine.

· Administrator
12,082 Posts
Welcome back Spitfire.

I play World of Warships with a bunch of former Marines...

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
Finally got around to fitting the Midwest Industries Mlok handguard to my SOB1... Stayed up till 3 in the AM filing the blasted thing, and finally got it to where I could press fit it into place. Huge improvement over the scratched, bent, and rattly quad rail it came with. Very solid with zero play, pretty low profile, and honestly just looks way better. Might actually get my baby finally reassembled (5 years later).
Wood Sleeve Font Musical instrument accessory Magenta

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
Finally, fully reassembled for the first time since I left for boot camp 5 years ago. I'll take a full pic eventually, but this'll do for now. Initially upon reassembly, she was doing 350+/-5 fps, with occasional drops in fps to 150 or less followed by double feeds. Full auto typically doesn't feed at all, though I did get one burst out of it that was around 17rps with a 7.4v, 4200mAh GensAce lipo.

Swapped in a Lambda 6.05 229mm barrel and the original, very old g&g green bucking/packing I had in her initially. Completely eliminated the double feeds, likely due to the thin truhop bucking that I'd been testing in her previously. Currently doing 368-372fps.

Overall pretty happy that I at least shimmed and wired everything correctly after so long, just need to sort out the full auto issue, and I have a feeling the fps inconsistency will follow it. SOB1 passed the paper test on the hopup, so now I'm going to see if the aluminum nozzle is sticking in the hopup, and if not, I've got a Prometheus tappet plate coming(along with some other goodies)... I noticed a single white stress mark on the middle of the clear OEM tappet plate that might indicate it warped enough to cause issues.

Current drivetrain:
-Lonex 3/4 stainless steel cylinder
-Lonex aluminum cylinder head
-SHS 21.4mm aluminium nozzle
-Cyma FMR piston, weight removed.
-SHS/Rocket 13:1 gears
-FLT 7mm bushings
-E1 blue motor (22tpa neo)
-hulkfet? I think
-SHS trigger contacts
-SHS cutoff lever (Cyma cutoff lever doesn't work with aftermarket trigger assemblies)
-Lambda 6.05 229mm barrel
-G&G green w/3d printed truhop nub
-stock gearbox shell, tappet plate, ARL, bearing spring guide, and hopup.
Wood Trigger Air gun Brick Gun barrel

· Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Nice looking build, awfully curious to see the whole thing :) Any idea what kind of rps it's doing? Been meaning to pick up an E1 blue and see how it compares to the old JG Blue, etc

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
Nice looking build, awfully curious to see the whole thing :) Any idea what kind of rps it's doing? Been meaning to pick up an E1 blue and see how it compares to the old JG Blue, etc
They're identical in all respects... Both are just rebranded Chaoli blues from what I've seen.
Full auto typically doesn't feed at all, though I did get one burst out of it that was around 17rps with a 7.4v, 4200mAh GensAce lipo.
^^^
It's not much faster than the stock setup(E1 blue, 18:1 Cyma gears, 7mm bearings) if at all, but the trigger response is vastly improved.

· Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Oops, missed that. Does seem a bit low, probably skipping? Can verify rps with audacity (audio recording software, free) - record the gun shooting in auto, zoom in and note the delay between spikes. 1000/delay = rps. Should be 30-50ms territory

· Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Audacity isn't entirely accurate for rof, but it could give a general idea yeah. Just gave it a second look... The nozzle definitely isn't sticking in the hopup unit at all, it's got plenty of clearance. And unfortunately, it seems that the improved feeding I attributed to the G&G green was actually due to me switching to an underpowered turnigy 7.4v stick, which lowered the rof to 14rps. Like, cool, it feeds on full auto with that, but that's not really encouraging lol.

@Lefse
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

281 - 300 of 332 Posts