Airsoft Forum banner
321 - 340 of 356 Posts

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 · (Edited)
I'll dig around in my bone yard and see if I have any 1911 bits.
Preciate it. I heard back from KJW within a day, but I'm not sure how soon they'll ship everything. In other news...

Anyone wanna talk me out of this? Kinda missing my old FAL, but I don't feel like putting up with JG's sloppy externals again.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
That is what Airsoft does...if you can't get the original...find the copy.

B&T for Steyr
Long Wolf for Early Glock

· Registered
1,056 Posts
Preciate it. I heard back from KJW within a day, but I'm not sure how soon they'll ship everything. In other news...

Anyone wanna talk me out of this? Kinda missing my old FAL, but I don't feel like putting up with JG's sloppy externals again.
I had one. Beat the living crap out if it and she still worked. Midcap mags are hard to find, but not impossible. Externals from DS Arms do fit, though YMMV. The reciver screws do have a tendency to come loose.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Mags are extremely hard to find, so if you see them grab them and don't hesitate.

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
I had one. Beat the living crap out if it and she still worked. Midcap mags are hard to find, but not impossible. Externals from DS Arms do fit, though YMMV. The reciver screws do have a tendency to come loose.
My biggest complaint with JG slop was the gap between the pistol grip and receiver... You couldn't tighten it down all the way no matter what. Not an issue on CA?

Kinda wondering what I'm looking at internals-wise as well.

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
Internal wise...really loose tolerance...slight air leak, silicone insulation wiring, ferrite motor...meh inner barrel. Spring should be good though...

· Administrator
12,539 Posts
JG cloned someone...and that wasn't the KA model.

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Yup, which is why the mags are compatible(mostly). Easy enough to update the internals then, if it's the same design.

Managed to snag an Arcturus V3 PE gearbox off Evike for $155 shipped, gonna see how it fits in my E1 SOB2. Figure the adjustable trigger travel makes sense for a DSG, in addition to the QCS. I'll strip most of the mechanical and pneumatic bits out for another build.

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 · (Edited)
The first of many parts to come in lol

1 ea.SHS P90 Aluminum O-ring Air Nozzle
1 ea.Aztech Innovations APACHE
2 ea.SHS 17.28:1 Steel Gears
1 ea.Lonex V6 Cylinder Head
2 ea.SHS V2 Tappet Plate
1 ea.SHS 12.65:1 High Speed Steel Gears
1 ea.SHS Motor Brushes (1 pair)
1 ea.Modify Soft Ryusoku Flat Bucking w/ Flat Nub

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 · (Edited)
You learn something new every day I guess, or in this case re-learn lol. Swapped in a sector gear delay chip on the E1 SOB1, and upon chronoing found only slight improvement... Got one good full auto burst around 21.8rps, but it was inconsistent. Loaded up a midcap with EMG .23 bio BBs, and it seems everything worked perfectly. Using a GensAce 45c 1300mAh 3s lipo, it did ~23.5rps... Much better.

Initially, I figured it was just because I'd been using a hicap. Then I remembered that said hicap was full of multicolored 'BlackOps' brand .20 Walmart bio BBs that I'd been trying to use up. They are actually .20g, but I highly doubt they're biodegradable lol. Anyway, refilled the hicap with EMG .23 BBs, and saw an immediate improvement. Currently, she's doing 24rps @368fps +/-2.

Edit: I have a feeling that the misfeeding I experienced with the Krytac p90 miscaps was likely caused by the BBs as well, but time will tell.

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
Looks like RD just bought general industry extension springs and are just selling them for tappet use...not ideal...could the geometry be retarding proper motion?

Having you considered mcmaster-carr?
These look similar, though not exact:

· Registered
755 Posts
Could be your gearbox shell design; I've used SHS 12.65:1's and they worked just fine in a dytac gb. Could be your gear posts were slightly off thanks to bad QC - quite a few factors.

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
Let us know how those 12:1 gears work out for you. I‘ve been working on a set paired with a Lonex die-cast GB shell, and they absolutely refuse to mesh efficiently. All together the gears won’t spin more than twice… with the gearbox open.
I've no plans to use them as of yet, but no surprise that they don't spin well with an open gearbox. Without both halves of the shell, it's easy for gears to get off-balanced.

· Registered
554 Posts
The gears spin fine individually, which makes me think that, if anything, the bushing/bearing holes are slightly out of alignment.

I should’ve mentioned—the gears only get two rotations no matter what the shimming is like. Zero shims and fully shimmed has the exact same result. All of the gears have tons of room to be shimmed properly, which makes me believe it’s how the gears are meshing, either because of the gears themselves or the shell.

I’ll stop hijacking your thread now, Spitfire. :p

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
The gears spin fine individually, which makes me think that, if anything, the bushing/bearing holes are slightly out of alignment.

I should’ve mentioned—the gears only get two rotations no matter what the shimming is like. Zero shims and fully shimmed has the exact same result. All of the gears have tons of room to be shimmed properly, which makes me believe it’s how the gears are meshing, either because of the gears themselves or the shell.

I’ll stop hijacking your thread now, Spitfire. :p
They'll spin fine individually because there's no torsional side-to-side force. But if it's doing that with both shell halves, then yeah something's off lol

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
321 - 340 of 356 Posts