Splints?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by KDAalternative, Dec 11, 2012.

1. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    These can come in a lot of handy in an accident in a game. On another thread I saw someone who says they use tongue depressors for finger splints. How do you make a splint?

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Rubber band some pencils around your finger, rub some dirt on it, and call it a day.

3. KDAalternative

Chipley
    What is the dirt for?

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    My dad has always told me that. I get a cut, rub some dirt on it. Get a rolled ankle, rub some dirt on it, etc.

5. KDAalternative

Chipley
    But you don't know if the dirt has germs

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Its sarcasm my friend, sarcasm. But my dad actually does say that.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Actually I do know, it does have germs.

8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    No, dirt is perfectly safe and will not give you infections.

9. sparta

sparta New Member

I had a bmx wipeout in the spring, I was using a single ramp just for fun (did feel like going to the skate park) and the rear wheel somehow came off my buddies bike (I was riding it) and I hit the dirt. My left arm was torn open and there was a mixture of blood and dirt. I never washed it out and it hasn't got infected. (I have a descent scar but no infection)

So back to the topic of the thread.....

10. deathmonkey_352

deathmonkey_352 New Member

Go bear grylls style
    2 sticks, weave a rope of grass, and then eat a bug with a side of piss

11. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Did you know that if you get poison ivy, rubbing slobber from an animal in the equine family (mule, horse, donkey, etc...) will actually cure the poison? Yea, the slobber has germs, but you would never guessed that something as dirty as that would work wonders.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Is this some kind of evil trick? Because I get poison ivy a lot and just so happen to have a couple of horses.

13. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    If i get a patch of poison oak on me i put elmers glue on it and just let it dry because it keeps a coating over it so it you rub it against something it wont pass the oils. Plus for me it seems to go away faster.

14. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Back on topic people, or this'll end up getting locked.

15. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Please tell me you're kidding... Dirt is rich with tetanus. Not good for cuts.

16. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

I got an open gash on the side of my leg while playing baseball. From experience god made dirt and dirt don't hurt!!! Also seems to make it feel better. Yes I agree though that certain dirt such as dust that is touched by humans and picks up bacteria is bad. Remember germs are good. Too many is bad tho.

17. EuroGirl

EuroGirl New Member

No depends on what type of germ. There are some germs that don't need a lot to kill you. Also dirt always have germs and putting any dirt on a cut would make it more prone to infection. That's why you clean cuts.

18. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    If someone brakes something I would much rather call a medical professional.

19. KDAalternative

Chipley
    I would rather set their broken leg or arm then call them to prevent further damage.