SPR Mod 0 build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TysonY2, Jul 30, 2012.

1. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Pretty much my first build, and I'm regretting the main platform. I bought and AGM m16a4 based off good reviews and its low price, which was the exact opposite of what I shouldve been focused on haha. It held up, and still is, and I have recently put an SPR Mod 0 rail kit on it, and I love it. But, being the gun that it is, its a bit touchy in a few areas that concern me, and annoy me. There are several...and I need some help :]

1. One thing that I have noticed, is without and outer barrel and delta ring tightly fastened the hopup wobbles terribly. up, down, side do side, you can practicly most the innter barrel in circles with your finger when the outer barrel in taken off. This concerns me mainly because the hopup moves side to side inside of the gun. This leads to the magazine not catching unless I stick a screwdriver inside the mag well and retighten the delta ring, so the hopup dosnt move as I tighten it. So, basically, if I tighten it without holding the hopup, the hopup goes flush againt the magwell and my magazine wont fit. Why does it do this? And how can I fix it?

2. Inconsistant shots. They are usually tightnit at about ~50 feet, but at about 125 I got shots taking off left and right. Could this be my hopup issue? Barrel is clean too. Or do I just need a better barrel? Everything is stock.

3. Externally, it is also not all that great. Rails dont line up just right for the mod 0 kit, so it has a very slight wobble. Which isn't huge, but it is slightly annoying. The Delta ring is completely tightend...Could it be my hopup..?

My plans for it? Fix airleaks, being I dont think there is a single O ring on the gun, the inner barrel dosn't even have any. New TBB (6.03? Im running at 400 fps w/ .20's.), Reshim for sure, new bucking and nub, new wires and 7.2 lipoly. I'm looking for range and accuracy, so whats the best hop mod to go with? Is it worth it to do all this, or should I sell the AGM, and invest in a better platform and start anew?

I'm going to have tons of questions, so bare with me, its the first time I've moved past externals lol

-Thanks in advance

2. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready Active Member

Duluth
    Inner barrels don't normally have o-rings, if you want range, perfect your compresstion (New piston head o-ring, permitex on the cylinder head to the cylinder, o-ring airnozzle), tune your hop-up according to tacket's guide, systema bucking flat hopped or an R-hopped, teflon tape the bucking, stablize that barrel, DEANs connectors, maybe a nice lonex motor to make the trigger response nice and snappy, also sorbo to protect that V2 shell. I most likely forgot some stuff, that was just off the top of my head, good luck!

3. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    Thanks! I've found some info that can help with my hopup wiggle and handgaurd...a gas block? How can I install one to help? Or does it already have one...?

4. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

If the barrel is wobbling inside the outer barrel you should do the Teflon tape mod. Its not expensive and it worked wonders on my mk12 mod.1

5. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    its not the inner barrel, its the outer...