Spray paint

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Cobom, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    What is the best spray paint to paint airsoft stuff with. And what kind of things can I do or buy so help the paint stick and last longer?

2. Dillon831

Dillon831 New Member

Santa Cruz
    Krylon spray paint is some of the best and most durable spray paints in my experience. I painted my gun with it and I've spray painted several fish tanks along with guitar accessories too.

You can prime the surface for better adhesion, or on plastic pieces just sand with a fine grit to rough up the surface a little bit.
    Be patient too! Don't rush it in between coats or the end result may not end up too well. Lastly, you could use a flat clear coat for added durability. This will help so that the paint won't rubbing off in patches, get dinged and flake off. I hoped that helped.

I forgot to add that you should never you those super cheap spray paints. I never have good luck with those on anything of importance. They may be fine if you're running around the city tagging it up(hopefully not), but not on anything nice.

3. Cobom

Cobom New Member

Orlando
    How would rustoleum camouflage work. And how if krylon fusion? Because my local Walmart only has krylon fusion in tan and rustoleum camouflage in tan and dark brown.