spring 470+fps long barrel jgbar ten effective range 200 feet what to do

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by TheSameRedDot, Nov 29, 2012.

1. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    im trying to get to 250feet currently with .3 the bb travels that far. but also at the point of 160-200 feet the bb climbs and with no hopup. what should i do. either A:heavier bbs to make my 160-200 more accurate and no upgrades? B:tight bore. no bb weight change.C: both. D: your suggestion.

100-150ft 4/5 5in group not bad if i say so my self
    160-200ft 9/15 6in group this is where the bbs start to really climb and hang to the right. at this range im bringing my sights down and to the left to make a chest shot. would say im aiming three feet to targets right and about knee level to hit center of mass?

please help this buggs me when i know the bbs have enough velocity to hit hard still that i can hear they can feel. but just arent staying true for its greatest potential. i have yet to have a bb, fall short.

2. soviet

soviet New Member

TBB Barrels help, and about .36 bbs. Maybe new trigger box? I'm not good at teaching Snipers. Gosh a hop up? Maybe?

3. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    So your basically agreeing with me on heavier bbs and tbb. Ok Ty anyone else care to input or do we have it about right

4. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Www.airsoftsniperforum.com

The most important things to mess with is your inner barrel, ammo and hopup, then basic teflon tape mods "wrapping cylinder head threads, wrapping bucking"

I get dead accurate shots at 250ft using .4's.. I may get further but have no way to actually test that far, and rarely shoot from that far.

I use a stock M28, with a stock aeg short inner barrel "maybe M4 length", weaker than stock bucking, spring etc.. only actual upgrade is my aluminum piston and basic diy mods. My rifle last chrono'd at 421fps using .2's.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  5. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    Well judging by your response I'm gonna bump up my weight on bbs see how that goes before I hit the tbb. Ps Ty for the link.

Oh and what brand of bbs

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Another thing to consider is quality of bb's. You may be using .30 gram bb's of terrible quality. Some people will even go as far as washing there bb's to improve them (it simply removes any debris from the bb ex. Oils, dust, etc.).

7. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Very good point.. surprised I forgot to mention that,lol..

8. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Not a TBB... You want a high quality barrel at like a 6.05 or a 6.08 bigger barrel actually gives better long range accuracy.

You will want to get an R-hop mod.

9. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    Ok using javaline bbs.

Bigger barrel? I've never once heard of that reason behind that?

10. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    Idk yet if I want to pull the trigger on some grand masters, but at 30$ for 500 :/ any suggestions. It's rainy and windy here in sacramento so I have time to wait till its good enough weather to go and test even

11. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

6.03mm-6.05mm barrel, R-Hop, tune your hop-up, barrel spacers everywhere(less wobble the better), air seal(everywhere), and higher quality/weight ammo(wash the BBs as well, very very helpful). Ill see if i can think of anything else.

12. svd_sniper

svd_sniper New Member

Ho Chi Minh
    if you can, do the TDC mod, it will improve you hop-up and lead to more acuraccy man :)

13. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    Well found it was my bucking it was blow and causing drag on the right thus right curve. Now with that fixed and mid way through the tdc mod. My .30 bbs (Gun officially chrono at 432-472 avg 442)my climbing at 200 ft mark like majorly climbing. Hop is off no pressure on it at all. Standing firing from shoulder.(I'm 6ft2in so elevation of gun 5ft4in) aimed at a tree towards the base hits 7ft up the trunk. Dead straight but I can literally shoot under a trunk and hit some on in the chest.....while standing. Wtf HELP

14. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Its the BB weight. Your bucking can also simply just be worn out. After you leave the hop up on for awhile the hop up is used to being in that postion. Therefore even if you turn the hop all the way off the bucking remains in the same position.

As far as the barrel goes and my statement before. The thought behind it is in 2 parts. Number one is air cushion. Meaning theres just a wider pocket of air pushing it.

The more technical stuff has to do with the hop up though. When the bb hits the hop up its forced to the bottom of the barrel. Then it bounces between the top and bottom till it stabalizes and finally rolls along the top until exiting the barrel.

So the wider the barrel then less hop up you lose do to the bb bouncing back and forth. Barrel length is also a factor as the longer it rolls along the top of the barrel the more hop your losing.

15. TheSameRedDot

TheSameRedDot New Member

Sacramento
    Well I know it's not bucking bought a new one. Uh know any places that have .36 in stock I can't find any.

16. svd_sniper

svd_sniper New Member

Ho Chi Minh
  17. kloit

kloit New Member

Greensboro