Spring dmr

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by jon_wallace95, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_wallace95

jon_wallace95 Well-Known Member

Ok so I am looking for advice, I want a good dmr and one of my friends recommended a spring rifle for a dmr. Can you guys tell me what you think on this and if any give some recommendations? Looking for an m4/m16 model or something of that family. Maybe m14 or something like an acr. Preferably something upgradable. Price range is around $100 as of now but maybe getting some $ later in the month.

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Usually spring rifles are sniper rifles, but they'll cost you $200+ in the long run. A DMR is more of a semi-auto AEG.

3. jon_wallace95

So what would you recommend? My friend uses a spring m4 with a 5x scope and does fine.

4. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    That sounds crappy. Get a JG m4 and I'm sure you'll be shooting farther than him.

5. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Regardless of what type, for a proper performing DMR you will end up spending quite alot more than your budget. Sniper rifles make good springers, DMRs are best as AEGs IME.

6. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Gimme an O! Gimme a V! Gimme an E! Gimme an R! Gimme a K! Gimme an I! Gimme an L! And another L! What does that spell...OVERKILL!

7. TheAirsoftTech

Lemme ask you this, what range is he getting?

8. jon_wallace95

He's getting about 70-90 yards depending on weather and which ammo he uses.

9. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    On a spring m4? -__- bull. My upgraded JG m4 doesn't even do that. No spring rifle can. Excluding upgraded sniper rifles.

10. TheAirsoftTech

I'm going to have to side with Username and call bull.

11. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Yeah and I've actually heavily DIY modded one of the best non sniper rifle/tri-shot springers. It shot 160 feet max and at that range groupings were like 2-3 feet apart.

12. TheAirsoftTech

Nice! That's awesome dude.

13. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    LMFAO OMGWTFFTW IERSFLIWERGWERHG....

Ahem. No. Not happening mate. Why do people do this. Terrible it is.

14. jon_wallace95

He upgraded everything possible in the gun, it goes about 200 something feet before hitting ground. I'm not saying that it hits at that distance accurately I'm saying that's when it hits ground.

15. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

Can you give us a list of what upgrades he has done? Also, can you make a video of it shooting 200 feet?

16. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Let's not turn this into another one of those threads guys.

OP, I too suggest saving up a bit and getting an AEG, and then start to upgrade that into a DMR. That's what it sounds like you're wanting, not the slow fire rate of a sniper rifle.

17. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    I want a list and performance video of it too. If someone made a better springer than me I want to know what they did to it.

18. jon_wallace95

Yeah, I have a steyr ssg but I'm getting bored of it. Which m4 aeg would you recommend? I found a dboys for $120 with 400 fps stock, think that's worth it? Or should I go for the jg?

19. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    DBoys make great guns, similar to JG, but they have metal bodies. That's a great first pick, and will be a good gun to work on to upgrade it into a DMR. It's got it where it counts.

20. jon_wallace95

I don't know all the upgrades he did, I'm not his keeper, and the gun is a few years old. So I doubt he remembers. I know he upgraded the entire firing mechanism, all the springs, bolt catch, barrel. Plus 200 feet isn't that far, it's 65 yards, and thats when it hits the ground, not a target a couple feet of the ground. The max distance hitting a target 4 feet of the ground that we got was about 50 yards/ 150 ft. After that it drops fast. Where it landed was 200 feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.