spring handycaping

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by ComputerMan, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Sorry if I spelled that wrong,

I am starting to play airsoft in backyards (wow de-evolution)

My friends told me I need to get a Springer to "slow me down"

I'm the best shot and have the best tactics of the group

Anyway: are there any good metal spring m16/m4s?

If not, m14/21? Any NATO Rifle?

Requirements: metal construction, effective range of 100ft, and a place to mount optics

Budget:$70

2. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    If you HAVE to use a spring gun, I would get a bar 10 or vsr 10. They are bolt action rifles.

You could even buy one used for under $60. They will have an accurate range of at least 130 feet.

Or, you could get a tri shot shotgun. I have seen some good deals on other forums for tri shots and extra shells selling for under $40 shipped.

3. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    I would get an echo1 m28 it is 175$ but worth every penny.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    That's 17500 wasted pennies. Besides that gun isn't in the OPs budget.

OP: I think you would enjoy a bolt action sniper rifle more then a cheap spring M16/4 or M14/21. Mostly because you have the option to upgrade it if you choose in the future, while with those M16/4/14/21 springers your kind of stuck with its stock internals, other then a few minor DIY mods you could do.

So for a spring powered sniper rifle look around the classifieds. A lot of players try out the sniper role and end up hateing it (probably because they expect to much from a stock spring rifle, but whatever). This means you can usually pick them up cheap. Like ncore said a JG bar-10 should be easy to find and are highly upgradeable (if you choose to take the plunge) but also look out for some L96 or APS2 models. They will have a better trigger box (90 degrees rather then the bar's 45) which also means you won't have to worry about the slam fireing issue that is more common in 45 degree catch rifles.

I would love to give you some awesome rifle ideas, but your budget won't really allow it. So try to scoop up a cheaper used rifle. Good luck man.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  5. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Ok, I may do a sniper

Ill get a vsr-10 varient

New budget $175
    Fps: 450-500

Anyone heard anything on the Ares m40, I Like the mag placement

I will get a m110 spring for backyard and a m170 for feild

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Woo, New budget!!! Ok now for the good stuff.

I highly recommend you try to find a Classic Army M24. Being an owner of one myself I can tell you its probably one of the best stock spring powered rifles you'll find. The issue for most however, is finding one. Check classifieds or anywhere that you could get one secondhand, because this rifle is truly worth every penny.

Don't get suckered into a Echo1 M28 or UK arms M24, those are the same gun with the same problems.

The CA offers you sooo much more then you could imagine. The bolt and its insides are full APS2 compatible, the Hopup unit is similar to PDI's chamber which gives you AEG barrels right out of the box, the sears are 90 degree catch and very strong for stock sears. And the stock is a solid chunk of polymer, the stock piston and spring guide are metal and quite good, and the barrel is very thick compared to that of VSR-10 barrels.

So, if you can find a Classic Army M24 (used or otherwise) jump on it. You'll be extremely happy you did.

7. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Thank you, dose it work with vsr 10 parts

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    No, APS2 or CA M24 specific parts (hopup chamber if you choose to upgrade that). But that shouldn't be an issue, APS2 parts are just as popular as VSR parts.

9. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Ok

What's a good price for one
    I don't want to over pay for it

10. soviet

soviet New Member

Why spring? I don't get this equation.

11. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    Because spring guns are worse than electric/gas guns and he is slaughtering the group with an AEG.

You could also consider spring shotguns. Many have tri-shot capabilities and some even more. Because shotguns are pump-action, maybe they'll allow you to use gas shotguns so you can get one of those 5-shot shotguns. I don't know what shotguns are metal though. However, I do have a tokyo marui m3 shorty I want to get rid of if you are interested.

12. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

Because, I am a good shot

They all need full auto to hit the bright side of a barn

13. soviet

soviet New Member

Lol. Well, Isn't there a TM shotgun on Ehobbyasia?

14. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

I actually may wait on a sniper and get a shotgun. Dose tri-shot shorten the range?

15. soviet

soviet New Member

Trishot yes, but if you get a shotgun that only shoots one then no it will not short on the range. Maybe because snipers have more range to start with.

16. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

So trishot=shorter
    Single=longer

17. soviet

soviet New Member

Yes, did you see the TM shotguns. I couldn't find them. Sorry, but they might be out of your price range.

18. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

So wait there your backyard plinking but you want a 450-500fps gun , why not get a marui vsr , you wont kill them then an still have better range

19. ComputerMan

ComputerMan New Member

I will get a 350-400 fps shotgun
    What brands are good under $80

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  20. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Are you looking for one with a stock or just a pistol grip?

There are a lot of brands to choose from.

Just google 'airsoft tri shot shotgun'

And shells are cheap too, I heard you can pick them up at dick's sporting goods store.