Spring pistol with replacement parts?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Cryptid, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Cryptid

Cryptid New Member

After skirmishing with friends with borrowed gun, I decided I liked airsoft and needed a gun of my own. I purchased a Taurus pt92 metal slide spring gun and 2000 .2 gram BBs. I was very satisfied until it stopped working. I removed the slide and sourced the problem. The plastic ring that connects to the back of the piston sleeve via slots would not stay in because of cracks in the back of the piston sleeve close to the slots. The slide screws into to the ring that won't stay in so I couldn't cock the gun. I contacted cybergun and received a reply saying that " spring pistols are considerd disposable and we cannot provide you with replacement parts. If you had not disassembled the gun we would have replaced it" after hearing this I decide to just epoxy it together. I secured the plastic ring to the piston with woot and screwed the slide back on. It now functions but I am disappointed from te lack of replacement parts. Storytime is now over.

So on to the real question. Are there any high quality spring pistols with parts support? I had my eye on the Tokyo marui spring pistols but they seem to have pretty low fps and I am unsure about parts. I am pretty set on the idea of a springer because of not needing a power scource(gas, battery, co2).

I know it's a stretch to find these features normally found on gbb's to be found on a springer. Any suggestions?

2. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    There is no way that you could ever get a spring pistol to perform anywhere near the level of an aeg. They are all crap, I have never seen a spring pistol that can even reach out past 50 feet accurately. Just save up the money and get a good JG M4 or G36. A normal battery should last you a good 2000 shots so I don't see why you would have a problem with a different power source besides spring. You can even get another battery if you are afraid of running out on the first one. What kind of airsoft are you wanting to do? Is it a messing around in the backyard with some friends type of thing or are you wanting to actually airsoft at a legit field?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Firstly, ALL spring pistols (and most spring guns other than sniper rifles) are considered "disposable".

Why spend the money on marketing and selling parts for a $20-30 gun? The market can not support the logistics.

If you want a spring gun, then I would suggest getting one of the many ACM Tri-Shot shotguns and a half dozzen or so spare 30 round shells.
    It's better suited as a spring powered primary than any pistol with the possible exception of the TM Mk23 SOCOM HGHU pistol.

4. Cryptid

Cryptid New Member

I really just want to mess around with friend in backyards. I guess I will have to move away from spring guns if I want parts support. What about any good quality aep's with replaceable parts?

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

The TM Glock 18, TM USP .40, or the TM G18C's clone, the CYMA CM030.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  6. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    and the TM and Well MP7, TM/Well/JG Scorpion, Cyma Desert Eagle, Double Eagle M9, Cyma P226, TM MAC-10, the new Well UZI, a Well 1911, and hopefully soon the Echo-1 GAT (Tech 9)...

7. Cryptid

Cryptid New Member

^ do all of those have replacement parts? If something breaks I don't want to be stuck with a unrepairable 100$ piece of plastic.

8. averageairsofter

averageairsofter New Member

Menifee
    Why do you want an aep? Why not just move on to a full size aeg?

9. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    There are 2 gearbox types for AEPs.
    The pistols have one style, the SMG's use the other.

Airsoft Atlanta has a slug of upgrade/replacement AEP parts available.
    They aren't cheap, but they are available.

10. Cryptid

Cryptid New Member

Thanks for all of th replies. Just a noob here that hasn't made up his mind yet. What about any good co2 pistols that aren't "disposable" and have replacement parts available? How many shots does a 12 gram cartridge last?

11. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    The only Co2 pistols that have replacement parts available are the KJW and WE Hi Capas and the KJW 1911.
    Those are TM compatible and many sites carry various parts for those.

Shots per powerlet vary from gun to gun (even of the same brands) and depend on how rapid you are shooting and to a lesser degree the ambient temperature.