Spring Shotgun

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by moomoose, Dec 22, 2012.

1. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    Idaho isn't too kind to gas weapons this time of year, so I thought to myself "Why don't you get a nice spring shotgun?" Deciding this was an appropriate course of action I set out to find a spring shotgun. My original choice was a UTG tri-shot, but then I saw the G&P M870 line. Admittedly this was a little more than I originally intended to spend, but after some thought I realized that tri-shots were harder to pump and in the area I would use it in it wouldn't have the chance to spread far enough to make it effective. On the other hand it's much less expensive than any of the G&P's. Do you guys have any other suggestions, or am I just going to have to flip a coin?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    To be honest I don't understand people who get G&P shotguns, the advantage with getting a tri shot is that it shoots 3 bobs and is cheap, the G&P takes both of those away, if you're going to be pumping one bb shots may as well get an AEG, no pumping required.

3. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
  4. AirRaider19

AirRaider19 New Member

Get a crossman s34 it's tri shot, easy to pump, and 60 bucks at dicks. Perfect.

5. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Oh god I give it a minute before this thread gets lit up by people saying not to get crosman.

6. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

What's your budget? You may be able to get something better than a shotgun.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    If he can afford a G&P shotgun he definitely has a large budget.

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines

Actually, no. The Crosman trishot is a Double Eagle rebrand

9. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    I already have an EAG and a gas pistol. I'm looking for a shotgun to use as a secondary during the cold months of the year when my pistol won't be usable outdoors. My budget is $200 and tri-shot guns are a waste of two BB's at the range I would be utilizing it in.
    @ Leonidas: Any after market upgrades or replacement parts for the AGM?

10. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
    I don't know if I agree with the "Waste of 2 bb's" The use of a SHOTGUN is that really close range twitch response which isn't always an "Aimed" shot. IF your going to use it like an AEG, why are you NOT using your AEG?

11. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Might as well get a spring pistol! no point in wasting mkney on a single shot shot gun if your not utilizing the functions of a shotgun.

12. Blades

Blades New Member

I suggest buying a huge bag of BB's, .12 gram, and run around throwing handfuls of said BB's at people. That will probably be more effective.

13. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Ever thought about the difference of the barrel length and the BA factor of using a shotgun? :p

14. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

get a super long silencer. or just get a cheap spring rifle if you must.

15. moomoose

moomoose Member

Eagle
    @Psymon: The extra two BB's are pointless, I still have to aim to hit stuff. How do I know this? I used my friend's tri-shot at the field were I would be using this, and the extra two BB's never made a difference. If there is a spring shotgun with a wider dispersal pattern at ten feet than a UTG (so, about an inch and a half) please, let me know. And as I stated: the shotgun would be my secondary weapon.

@Stroop: Barrel length, practicality, and if I was going to use a pistol I would figure out a way to make my pistol work in cold weather. Besides, I think certain shotguns look really cool, and, lets face it, we get a huge amount of satisfaction from looking cool (in our mind's at least).

@athomas: I'm to fast to chrono. ;)

Thanks to those few of you that offered helpful advice.

16. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

heah you're right looking cool pretty much is everything!

17. AirRaider19

AirRaider19 New Member

My advice, don't get a shotgun. I never use mine except for close quarters indoor skirmishes. Save your money and get a good aeg. The cold won't affect it at all. And if you want one as a sidearm get a retractable ak74u or something.

18. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    They do run out of juice

19. AirRaider19

AirRaider19 New Member

Yea, they do, but that's why you should carry multiple batteries on you. It's never fun when your gun dies in the middle of a skirmish.

20. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I enjoy springers cause you dot need a battery and don't need any gas