Spring sniper

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by walterghost, Oct 27, 2012.

1. walterghost

walterghost New Member

400fps is it good
    ?$

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    FPS doesn't matter..... And I doubt it. The only spring rifle that is good is the CA M24.

3. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

Are you joking? It may be one of the better out of the box spring sniper rifles, but it definitely isn't the only good choice.

WalterGhost, please provide some more info such as the brand & model of the sniper rifle. We will be able to better help you if you do so.

Thanks.

4. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Eh, CA M24 really just need better bucking and strong spring....(IIRC 440+fps out of the box)
    That's literally all you need to do as far as upgrading goes....
    Rest is all down to tuning and modifying...

Of course there are other options out there, CA M24 is just the closest thing to a field ready sniper rifle right out of the box.
    (Although you can debate about stuff like Right Hook Mantis, Specter etc etc....but those are custom built rifles...)

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Woah... I meant to put out of the box...... Sorry for the confusion...

6. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Im going to call BS and say that a TM VSR10 tuned properly probably shoots just as well as the CA m24.

And i have yet to find the CA m24 in stock anywhere.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
  8. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    But a TM VSR-10 doesn't come with a hopup that accepts AEG barrels. So if were talking about DIY stuff the CA already has more advantages. Both guns are great, don't get me wrong, but the fact that with the CA you use APS2 upgrade parts (better then VSR in my opinion) and already have great internals from the start, meaning less money put into upgrading it. I would say the CA is easily a better choice for great out of the box performance and in the end less money spent upgrading it. Ya, in the states its tough to find them (other then the post above me), you can still easily buy them used for less.

For me, (being up in Canada) finding one wasn't hard. We have a bunch up here, plus with the Canadian laws the way they are, ours already have a stronger spring installed. So one less thing to potentially upgrade.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012