SR-25 DMR Build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by bbattlefield, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Hello there. I searched for this, got no results, so correct me if there is already a thread.

A while ago I built a decent rifle that could touch about 80 yards. I wanted to build one that could make it around 100-120 yards. My budget is $250 for the gun, and $150 for the upgrades. I was thinking about a A&K. I would like to know all the nessisary upgrades to achieve my goal. Preferably no r-hop, if i can achieve 110yds without it. I don't have much experience with r-hops. Thanks.

2. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Read tackett's guide to fine tuning a hop up and his AUG dmr build. Read those and if you still have questions I'm happy to help! I have an aug that is hitting around 100-130 yards without an r-hop so keep me updated!

3. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

Thanks. I almost bought a aug (found one for $130) but its not all that comfortable of a weapon to me. (Fired a real one, bulky stock). But is a very neat weapon to see on the field. I know the basic gearbox principles are the same. Thanks for the help! I'll get back to you when I get the SR25.

4. BmanP1

BmanP1 New Member

I've been looking into the same SR-25, so when you get it, it'd be pretty awesome if you'd post a review, or at least some feedback on it stock.

5. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    You can't, not with your budget and your restriction of no r-hop. If you can't do it, find the money to pay someone else to do it for you, or you won't see those ranges without an absurdly powerful, and field illegal rifle.

6. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

You are hitting 390 feet without r-hop? I think not.

7. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    He never said what he was hitting though. It could be a redwood tree for all we know.

8. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

you guys missed his if statement, he isn't hitting that, he wants that much range w/out r-hop

9. GreenListerine

You are confused. I quoted sandtiger, not the OP.

10. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Yes I am hitting man sized targets at 390 ft with no rhop.

11. GreenListerine

Got a video?..............

12. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Also what are you using to measure your distance? did you measure out every foot? or are you guessing?

13. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

You guys are asking the wrong questions... The distance is from the goal post on my highschool football field to just inside the other end zone on a calm day 89 degrees and sunny. Fps is 400 WITH .28's not r hopped but I have an experimental hop up in it.

14. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

oops, missed that. Sorry :cool:

15. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

no, we want proof. a video will suffice.

16. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Okay I'll take one next time I go out for a range test

17. GreenListerine

Indeed. I'm running 600 fps, madbull 6.03 650mm tbb, and prommy bucking in my FE. Even with .40's, I'm not getting 390ft. I'm in the progress of ER hoping, and even then I doubt I will reach over 300ft

18. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

I think you guys are thinking of much more extreme build than I have...

19. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

However two things: 1 we are getting off topic of helping OP to build a dmr. 2 if it's really that big of a deal pm me or I'll start a new thread or something but let's focus on helping out with an SR-25 DMR build.

20. bbattlefield

bbattlefield New Member

A veido would be cool... But dang everybody gets all pumped up if your gun can shoot that far without a r-hop... Hahaha