SR-25 Project

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Fickert, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    So I have been working on my SR project for a while and it all is good. I have all the parts that I would need for it to shoot straight and true, but I got a problem with the consistency of semi auto shots. First off, I have modded it to pre-cocking with an army l85 sector and dremmeled the gearbox shell to hold a shaved ICS anti-reversal latch. Then I have a small hole in the shell where I can just pop off the top receiver and push the latch forward to release tension of the spring. (So people do not trash the thread for making a semi only gun pre-cocking.) Anyway, it works good, just that half the time the gearbox locks up and I am already running an 11.1v 40-60c lipo on a jg blue with xyt gears and an sp170 (people we play with in our area never call their outs from snipers) in an elongated v2 gearbox, and it will shoot 2 shots after engaged in pre-cocking then it will shoot a few single then just lock up. I don't have a mosfet wired to it yet, but have one in the mail. My question is with a build like this, should I be pushing a more powerful battery? Or maybe torque up gears just solve the issue? And, if I put torque up gears in this, will it work with the Army sector?

2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    What's the mah on the battery? If your bring it tomorrow I can let you use my 11.1 45c 2650mah.

You could also try an AMP motor. It would have more torque...

3. Fickert

Fickert New Member

Covington
    Alright cool, and its 2200mah...