Src dragon or g&g combat machine m4

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by phxairsoft, Sep 18, 2012.

1. phxairsoft

phxairsoft New Member

Phoenix
    Hey guys I am looking to get my first airsoft gun and I was set on the G&G combat M4 for $140 but then I saw a SRC Dragon M4 on sale for $109 and thought it would be nice to save $30. Is it worth it though? I want something that is going to last a little while and will be good quality for a starter gun. I have a seen a lot of people say G&G combat machine is awesome but I have heard nothing about SRC. What do you guys think? It also says the SRC's manufacture is SRC KWC not sure what that means. Are they the same company? I know you guys may get annoyed by newbs but I could use some guidance. Thanks

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Just go with the Combat Machine, the extra money you pay goes towards quality. You get what you pay for is the moral here I guess.

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Personally, I vote neither. SRC's are rarely talked about so people don't really know how they perform and the G&G's wiring and motor is bad. I would say go with either a JG or an ICS sportsline.

4. phxairsoft

phxairsoft New Member

Phoenix
    I've heard mixed things about JG a lot of people say they are crap

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Because they don't know the capability of them. Just ask username94 about his.

6. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Yes and no. JG has a tension to make A LOT of lemons. If you get a non-lemon, it works pretty well. If you get a lemon, the BB rolls out the barrel...

7. phxairsoft

phxairsoft New Member

Phoenix
    There seems like so many different opinions. I don't know where to start . I was sold on G&G but if you add in the cost of the battery and charger it almost worth going with something else. Idk guess I'll just have to do more research

8. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I personally own a G&G CM. It works fantasticly besides a few wire problems (easily fixed). I have put several external upgrades in it like a handguard, stock, etc. Its an outstanding gun IMO.

Edit: I can post a picture if you would like.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
  10. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Oh woops my bad! AMERICA

11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Any internal upgrades in it? I say that for the OP to know if he gets a CM.

12. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

No internals. (20 characters)

13. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i've worked on a few SRC v3 gearboxes. nothing special. i would say they are comparable to Dboys. i have a few G&G CM's and they are mainly used for CQB. it takes more to upgrade a G&G for outdoors.

14. phxairsoft

phxairsoft New Member

Phoenix
    I decided to go with the g&g . It seems like the best for my money. Thanks for all the advice

15. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I think you made the right choice.

16. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Welcome, and ya. Its a good gun.