Src xm8

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by robby20419, Nov 29, 2012.

1. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Hey guys I wanted to start a thread about the xm8 because I think it's a cool dmr and its very accurate. If you have owned one or know someone who does get there input on it... I think I will buy that as my next dmr.

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Are they making them again? They quit a while ago.

3. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    They still make em. Evike has tan, black, OD and gray.

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Thank you rusty :) ill be buying them soon lol

5. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Interesting. Except in a quick search of 3 retailers, all known carriers of SRC goods, only one had the XM8 listed, and it was out of stock.

Evike has a history of stockpiling guns. The Galaxy MP5Ks that were their daily deal a few months ago were just changed slightly, and those were the old model, that is slightly better. That change was a while ago. They just got rid of them. That is stockpiling.

6. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well if they have the money :) then they can stockpile all they want lol.

Especially if people are looking for a certain gun/part

7. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Airsoft station has a lot of them

8. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    I'm looking to get one also. I like the unique look it has. Not your every day M4

9. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

I was thinking of a jg g36 but this is just too cool... It has a great look and it is the best range rifle I have seen in a while.

10. combatmachine

combatmachine New Member

There also on zerooneairsoft.com if your planning on doing some price camparisons.

11. SWATCQBcounterstrike

SWATCQBcounterstrike New Member

carmel
    One thing I can tell you about the SRC XM8 is that it's rate of fire combined with however many mags you have can make it into a great SAW, I had mine for 5 years and the gearbox just shat out on me and I'm ordering a new one, also you must take great care when handling it because the shell is very fragile. You will get many compliments after people see you with one, and many people will want to hold it. I recommend the XM8 to any play novice or expert, easy gun to upgrade and a very very easy gun to use. I hope that clears up some things for you, if you have any other questions just let me know or PM me.

12. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    I was going to make a thread asking about it, but everything I wanted to know about it is right here. But by any chance, is there one that uses the M4 mag? I know the one on evike comes with two high caps, but I like my M4 mags. And question #2. WHAT COLOR!!! Lol.

13. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

It's in a cool grey black od green and I saw a blueish one probably custom tho

14. BRTSoloWing

China Grove
    Lol, I know what the colors are, i was asking witch one to get,. OD, Gray, Tan, or black? I'm thinking the OD.

15. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Defiantly od or the grey one

16. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Rifled-N-Ready had one but it became a wallhanger, I think he sold it after a while. IIRC it was partly due to feeding problems. But it uses a normal V3 gearbox so there are plenty of internal parts available.

You could have asked this in your other thread, though.

17. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Sorry:( twenty characters I'm waisting space.

18. SWATCQBcounterstrike

SWATCQBcounterstrike New Member

carmel
    After 5 years mine (grey) had feeding problems blowing up my motor and piston but no complaints on any other aspect.

19. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I've owned and sold one. Just cause I liked the XM8 line of guns. I still want to make a XM8 compact and LMG.

Had some minor feeding problems on full auto (25+ bps). But using the stock battery and a 9.6v battery and under, it fed perfectly fine. Probably could have modded something. But sold.

And upgradability was endless. It's a V3 lol. You can do whatever you want.

I owned the tan version. The marine that bought it painted it tiger stripe I think after. Never seen him or the gun on field in 4-5 years already lol.

20. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I recently picked up a broken SRC Xm8 and after dealing with the gearbox, SRC anti-reversal latch actually stays in place!.
    I have come into a major problem, the airseal from the gearbox to the hop up is very poor. Does anyone have any experience sealing up an XM8?