Srs a2 in your experience are my joules low and how can I raise them

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by Zachary Hanks, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Zachary Hanks

Zachary Hanks New Member

Frederick
    So i feel like my joules on my 16” srs a2 are a bit low im using a fast hop with a 6.02 407mm barrel with an m150 spring, variable mass piston(with optimal setings) and the shortest airbrake and with .43g bbs im averaging 1.8 joules with .28s im at 1.5 joules was hoping for something closer to 3 joules with .43g bbs any suggestions? My field limits are 395fps using .32g bbs and 2.3 joules with .32g bbs thats equivalent to 500fps with .2s

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    You reduced your barrel length from 22" down 16"?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021

3. Zachary Hanks

Zachary Hanks New Member

Frederick
    My barrel is 16” XD i switched out the bucking for a stiffer slightly tighter backing that got me up to 2.1 from 1.8 im thinking an m160 will get me the rest as the airseal is solid

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    A firmer (higher durometer) packing/rubber/bucking "material" is not the root cause of your FPS increase. Rather it's the collar on the packing that forms a better seal. In fact if you use a softer packing with the same type of collar your fps will increase due to there being less contact on the bb.

However, the issue still remains. Your barrel is too short for the pressure wave that your system is generating via a spring.

You are reducing durability by trying to get a Short Barrel BAR to shoot harder.

Think of it this way with a real firearm. You have a .357 magnum with a 4" barrel, but you want to hit 1700fps. What can you do? Lighten the bullet and up the powder charge to +P. The +P charge will prematurely damage the revolver....etc...if it's not rated for +P use.

The simple way to hit the 1700fps mark, go to an 8" barrel.

While your "Blow gun" isn't a firearm. The principle in this case is the same.

5. Zachary Hanks

Zachary Hanks New Member

Frederick
    The biggest reason i switched to the stiffer bucking is because it fit the barrel much tighter I should have mentioned I picked up .3 joules by doing that as for the barrel I plan on getting something around 500-550mm in the next month or two as I have a mock supressor and the inner barrel spacer for the suppressor knowing that the longer barrel will be better for this large cylinder volume especially with a tightbore

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    All that means is the packing is better sealing...

7. Zachary Hanks

Zachary Hanks New Member

Frederick
    Yah I understand after your first post its appreciated I order a 509mm 6.02 and an m160 to see what combos I can maximize I also ordered a maxx sre hop up for the srs but i dont expect that to much for me maybe a bit better airseal but its supposed to be a good one for heavier bbs but ill see what I can get testing the m160 on the shorter barrel and the m160 and the m150 on the longer barrel and see what my best option is

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Have you upgraded your trigger box yet or is it stock?

With all these new springs, you might have issues sooner rather than later.