SSG24 or Silverback SRS

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by IrishCowboy, May 29, 2019.

1. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy New Member

What are your opinions on the;
    SSG24 and Silverback SRS as a step up from an L96. What I mean by opinion is how handy is the hopup adjustment, maintenance, and how easy is it to get extra mags.

Fields in my area only allows 1Joule. So both will be do the job for where I'll be playing.

Any other info regardig upgrading my current setup would be appriciated.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  2. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    If you're limited to 1 joule, I'd say neither. Just invest in an AEG and take full advantage of the field limits (not in a bad way).

3. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy New Member

Yeah 1 Joule is the max limit in Ireland so even pistols can hit as far as snipers at one stage I was running pistol only with 8 mags and it would hit at about 30m. Have an AEG in my hardcase have only used it a hand full of time however.

G&G Firehawk. [​IMG]

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you pistol only hits 30M's you can tune it a bit more.

I can hit 50yards with my pistols around 1J.

5. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy New Member

How? And is it reliable. The 2 pistols in the case are bone stock btw

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Your limit is 1J...so its not hard to do with stock parts.

Toss stock hop-up packing and switch to a unit that imparts more spin on the BB. Maple Leaf, Laylax, A-Plus are options...but of the 3 Maple Leaf is by far the easiest to get with a wide range in durometer for your needs.

Shoot a Medium Polish BB. There is a reason why Japanese "Sniping" bbs are made this way. This is also why golf balls have dimples.

Lengthen the barrel, more barrel = more room to let gas expand and push the bb up to your energy limit (to a point). Also widen the window on the barrel to allow for better "hop".

Shim your hop-up unit. You want good even pressure. Unless your shooting the newer TM (5-Seven or newer) GBB's are using the old and dated hop-up units whose function is not optimal.

Know your gas pressure and buy gasses for various temps of play.

On looking at your pistols...your issue is the product itself.

Left one is a CYB Blackwater R2. If it was the R1 you would have had something there. R1 is KJW...Good. R2 is KWC...very bad...if you get 30M without lobbing the bb...you are at the pinnacle for performance.

There was a very small batch of R1's that were released with R2 graphics...but those are very rare.

What is the other GBB, one on the right another CYB product? CO2?

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  7. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy New Member

Sorry for getting back so late I didnt recieve a notification for whatever reason. Yeah Im on the hunt for good quality BBs still in the mind frame that good quality Sniper BBs will out preform lower quality but more quanity BBs.

•Ive lots of Swizz arms .25 and .30 so was thinking of put these ones in the AEG hi-cap mags

•Both pistols are Blackwater R2s. And have heard horror stories that 20-30m is its max so dont waste time and money. So when you say it can reach further it gets me thinking of putting money into it.

•Both pistols are CO2. (Only use Swiss Arms CO2 I buy them by 20pack).

•My AEG is a G&G Firehawk bone stock so far have no need to upgrade it yet. Ive seen a "supressor" or "tracer unit" can you put in a longer barrel if a tracer unit is attached by the way.

8. fred_ditto

fred_ditto Well-Known Member

Des Moines
    With those R2s being KWC, there are zero upgrades for them. Even if there were, they wouldn't be worth it. I'd cut my losses and get a better pistol with an actual aftermarket.

9. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy New Member

10. Michael Chaffin

Michael Chaffin New Member

Denison
    Tm mk23 in a carbine kit is your best bet. I have an asg mk23 clone of the marui. Quality is lacking but with a little work I have it hitting 75% at 80m.