Stark Arms Glock 19 Trigger Pin

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by KRNAZNBOY, Sep 20, 2015.

1. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    Hello all, I have been posting way to many help threads to this forum, but I can't help it!

Has anyone ever installed a MAKO group Glock Scope mount on an airsoft glock replica? How do you get the trigger pin out?

I tried hitting it with some decent force (used heavy duty pliers to hit a scredriver) and the pin would not come free. Is there some special way to take out this pin?

This pin needs to be removed in order to install the scope mount...

51M126AbRTL.jpg
    20150920_095342.jpg

Thanks
    -Matthew

2. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    Bump! Just want to learn how you guys go about removing the trigger pin, esp if it is being difficult :p

3. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    One side of the pin will have grip bumps so get a hammer and a small screwdriver(not pliers), and hit it untill you can see about 2mm of the pin, if you see all the little grip bumps then your good, just continue to remove the pin with pliers. If you dont see the grip bumps, youve gone the wrong way, So hit it from the other side.

4. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    I tried using a small hammer and a 3mm punch and I really just can't get the pin free at all. It seems like there is something inside that is preventing the pin from being released from the frame. It doesn't matter from which side I hit it, I will never come free.. And I am hitting it pretty damn hard. I can not get either side of the pin to come out past flush with the frame...

Please help! I can't install my mako scope adapter untill this is fixed!!!! It's bugging me alot!

5. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    I think you have to take apart the gun for this one. I thought that you were trying to remove the top pin on the gun. It is most likely not even a pin, Its probably part of the trigger.

6. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    It is definitely removable as is... I have seen other people do it online...

See this this video at time 1:30: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaqy0o1mTc&t=1m31s[/ame]

This is the part i need removed.... You can see how my going at it with a hammer has scratched the paint on the pin.
    20150920_095342.jpg
    Outlined in red

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  7. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    VFC and TM are different companies. Maybe i'm wrong so if you think it comes out than hammer away.

8. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    Im not arguing with you, all im saying is all of these glocks, no matter the company, are built in fundamentally the same way, and the parts diagram provided by stark arms indicates a removable pin here (http://stark-arms.com/S19_18_17_manual_021303.pdf part number 73).... And even if you were right, if I can't remove that pin, how would i take apart the gun? You say i need to take apart the gun to fix my problem, but I need to take the pin out to take apart the gun and access the trigger...

See the problem :p ?

Thanks for all your help so far though!
    -Matt

9. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    I would start by disassembling the top portion of the gun, get as much off as you can. You may be able to see if there is a screw or something holding it in.

10. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    I might just have to send it to someone to look at because there seems to be nothing holding it in but it just wont come out... If it is a grooved pin, then how are people supposed to get it out? Seems like poor design to me.

Thanks again though!

11. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    Only one side of the pin should have grip points, but i think if you have hit it that many times it should have come loose, so i would think there is a screw holding it in or something. If you cant get it just send it to a local tech, go ahead and set aside $50 at least.

12. KRNAZNBOY

KRNAZNBOY New Member

Santa Monica
    Know of any GBB techs here on the forum I can talk to? I saw someone who said they were GBB techs but I cant remember the member's name off the top of my head...

13. DreadCo526

DreadCo526 New Member

Sylvester
    I don't really know who would do it, be careful sending your gun to someone you don't know, just make sure they have a good reputation. I would try to take it to a local tech tho as it will take less time to get you gun back.

14. smiles

smiles Active Member

fleetwood

I'm sure if you contact Lil_Shady he would be able to help you.

15. Jonnoel1

Jonnoel1 New Member

Buckeye
    The pin comes out the exact same as a real Glock pistol. It has 2 notches in it. To remove it, toy need to apply pressure on the right side of the pin with a punch (or similar tool), then move your slide catch around, kind of jiggle it, to get it off the notch in the pin. It will easily slide out the left side of the gun

16. Jonnoel1

Jonnoel1 New Member

Buckeye
    The pin slides out the left side. You have to jiggle the slide catch release to make the PIN release from the slide catch. It disassembles exactly the same as a real Glock pistol. If you check YouTube you can see the disassembly of a real Glock and it's the exact same operation you just need to jiggle the slide catch and push the pin out the left.

Attached Files: