Starter airsoft AEG?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by dickbuttalpha, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

Recently , I began to get back into the sport of airsoft after a pretty long while off the field. I no longer have my old pride and joy, a Classic Army G36C nor do I have the money to buy one or another AEG of similar quality unfortunately. With only about 120 dollars to spend on a rifle (I'm only seeing right now if I truly want to devote myself to it again) I've had a few options. I am open to any variety, though the two dominant weapons in that price range would be an AK or M4 model. I've looked at the CYMA CM.028 pretty thoroughly and think that would be a good weapon for the price. It has an FPS rate that works for most fields and is highly upgradable. The ROF is only around 10-11 RPM, but I should be able to upgrade that with a 9.6 nunchuck type battery. If any of you guys have an other suggestions however, I'd love to hear them.

Attached Files:

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've had that AK myself, and it's an excellent beginner gun. It's cheap, but reliable and have pretty good accuracy. A good 9.6v ni-mh or possibly a 7.4v li-po should give a decent ROF. If you want a slightly higher ROF you can replace the stock motor with a cheap high speed motor, that should bring it up to about 20rps with a 7.4v li-po. The stock gearbox should be able to handle 20rps, but I don't recommend going past that without a tune-up.

3. zreakz

zreakz New Member

The CYMA CM 028 is probably the best ak you can get for your price range. However if you are looking for something other then an ak, JG has some guns you might like as well.

4. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

Actually, I've been looking at the JG M4 S-System upgraded 2010 model. It is more expensive, but I can wait a little to work up 20-30 more bucks. I'm thinking that I'll still want to get the cm028 nonetheless, but performance and upgrade-wise, I'm looking at the JG.

5. jroewe25

jroewe25 New Member

king arms m4a1
    it is nice light and has a good brand

6. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

I do like some aspects of the King Arms M4, but have decided that it just doesn't suit my needs. It's a good gun overall, but it's the accuracy that turns me off. Not saying that it isn't good, but I feel you need a good automatic burst to be able to hit someone at 100 feet and at the field I play, automatic is generally off limits. Instead, I've been looking at SRC's fairly new M4 take. It's good on battery, which is good because I play all day, and the semi auto accuracy is killer. It's only 140 dollars, so I think I'm investing in that.

7. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

The accuracy on just about any stock gun won't be up to your liking. I say for the money go for the CYMA AK or if you want another g36 go for the JG.

8. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Why do all starters think that they can just buy a gun that is going to be accurate. No you can't you are going to have to change the bucking and install a tightbore barrel then do some DIY mods.

9. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    I have to disagree, (may just be my gun) my stock CYMA 032 will outshoot uprgraded sniper rifles at my field (unknown types) (they claim them to be)
    It will also outshoot my AGM scare with $100+ worth of upgrades.

10. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I guess this has a lot to do with your definition of accuracy. Stock guns really arn't that bad IMO. I do see a difference in my 2 guns, One has a TBB the other doesn't. One with the TBB is better but my stock G&P isn't terrible and I can still make hard shots. Also the OP isn't a starter.. He's played before and is just returning to the sport. Also I should note a TBB isn't neccisarily going to increase your accuracy. A lot has to do with the quality of the barrel.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  11. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    While that is true when I say tightbore barrel I do mean a high quality one, but I intentionally keep it somewhat vague because there are a few good brands out there. You do have me on the OP not being a starter however my statement still stands true for a lot of starters. And I don't know about your G&P but I personally don't think my gun is accurate enough with it's tightbore installed so as it stands I have yet to call a stock gun accurate.

12. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

Well I realize upgrading your gun is the only way to get it to a great setting, I'm just not going to have a lot of money left over after my initial purchase of this weapon, so in the meantime I still wanted to use it with just a 9.6 at my local field until I can get enough money for appropriate upgrades. I do still disagree with you a bit there, I've used several AEG's out of box and a few of them have fired and completely drilled targets 100-150 feet out.

13. soviet

soviet New Member

Ok. Cyma CM035 is good. I upgraded mine. Don't get an M4 just don't.

14. dickbuttalpha

dickbuttalpha New Member

Honestly, I love AK-47's. I like them in real life and like them in airsoft. I'd sooner buy an AK than an M4 any day, but SRC's new sport line just looks amazing and completely fits my needs. I was originally going to get the CM.028 because I prefer a full stock wood finish than the more modern black finish.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

If you want to get better accuracy, you can tune the hop up on takkets guide. It is a sticky.

16. Candyman99

Candyman99 New Member

Fort Worth
    I'm actually selling a gun just like that at your price! its a dboys ak-74 and seriously, take a look at the reviews online, my gun is outperforming other upgraded guns while stock. anyways, take a look at it since it seems to be just what you looking for. thanks!

17. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    This thread is almost three years old. And so is the last post.

18. Candyman99

Candyman99 New Member

Fort Worth
    umm, anyone else want to buy...? haha i totally didn't even check the date. just saw that he was practically looking for my gun. sorry :D

19. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Candyman99, the rule of thumb is to give advice/input to further promote the thread THEN shamelessly promote the item you're wishing to sell, especially if you're going to revive an older thread. Just keep this in mind for the future.

That being said, I'm sure the OP has made a purchase as of this point in time so I will close this thread.

--CLOSED--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.