Starting to do tech work

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by AirsoftMan29, Jul 18, 2012.

1. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Am just starting to do internal work, I know that everything does, and how everything works. I have a gun that I can work on, but I don't want to screw up the only gun I have if i were to mess up. I was wondering if I should get a gun from one of the boneyards? Is this a good way to gain experience?

2. MrAirsoft194

MrAirsoft194 New Member

Well ya, it would help you get better. Also try to get the ones with broken internals and fix it. If you want you can sell it.

3. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Ok good idea about selling it lol

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I recommend buying a working secondary gun and then doing some upgrade work on your primary gun if you screw up then use the secondary gun until you fix your primary gun.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Definitely grab a secondary/work gun. But when you buy it, it always helps if it's in working condition to start with. Just so you know the gun was once working, so if it breaks you have more faith in fixing it.
    I recommend Craigs List or classified ads before the boneyard, but that's because you never exactly know if the gun's working upon receival.

6. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    I think I'm going to get a lancer tactical cqb m4, think this is a good choice?

I don't want to spend that much more than $100 on a gun that I could possible screw up.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    No search the classifieds there are better guns out there.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    buy a JG drop in gearbox and upgrade that. keep your original gearbox intact and save it if you need it.

9. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    That's a great idea I never thought of that, do you think the $45 jg drop in gearbox on evike is a good one, I will be upgrading almost every single part over time

10. Airsoft_MANIAC

Airsoft_MANIAC New Member

Hey sorry this doesn't relate to the thread but I gatta ask a simple question! What are shims!?????

11. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Shims are small metal washers that you put on the gear shafts. They help make the gears mesh properly, and stop them from scratching on the gearbox shell.

12. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    has anyone dealt with the ascu mosfet, do you like them, and are they easy to install?

13. spazzticsmurff

spazzticsmurff Member

phoenix
    wait till the new btc chimera comes out. its way better. it should be out for public release soon.

14. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Just bought a jg ak beta, and my new v3 cylinder head doesn't fit

Original head is brownish

New is purple

Could I dremel off the lip on the purple one to make it fit?

Attached Files:

15. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

Yeah, you can do that, just take off a small amount at a time. I've done it before, just be cautious

16. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Ok illl go buy a dremel tonight

17. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    i would use a file or bench grinder.

18. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I had to do the same thing myself with a Cyma GB shell, didn't cause any problems.

19. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Yep this is a Cyma shell idk why it's in a jg though lol

20. AirsoftMan29

AirsoftMan29 New Member

Ofallon
    Ok new question,

I put a jg blue motor in my kwa cqr, and no matter how I adjust the motor it sounds a little screechy. Is this because it is a new motor and needs time to work it, or should I keep trying to adjust it?