Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I got into airsoft a few years ago and was instantly hooked. Fast forward a bit, and now I've spent the last year and a half starting my own company designing custom ETUs. Unfortunately, I haven't gone to an actual game in over a year :(

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Which platform are you making ETU's for?

That will be a difficult thing to do since there are no standards and each OEM has their own designs.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Now days that will be more like it works for a few and not many.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Because the industry has no standards what so ever. No standard, no need to make anything universal.

American Consumerism Does Not Apply.

So, with no standards, each factory makes a "rendition" of someone else's mechbox and those that make it their own...they change it in some way (microswitches), unique (proprietary) trigger system, ETU's...

Or their copy of a copy of a clone is dimensionally off...but they don't really care because their item is going in their product and not someone else's.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Wow. This looks like it may rival Gate products in ease of programing and reliability. Now I want one.

Tell you what, I'll get one, put it in a gun and do a full review thread for y'all. (You know, for research. I'll also need a gun to put it in of course ;))

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. This looks like it may rival Gate products in ease of programing and reliability. Now I want one.

Tell you what, I'll get one, put it in a gun and do a full review thread for y'all. (You know, for research. I'll also need a gun to put it in of course ;))
That would be great! I'm still working on some of the more exotic features, but all of the usual functionality you would expect is there.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
This looks like something that would fit in an "old" Ares mechbox.

Gun accessory Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Metal

Which a "few" models are made from, especially Evikes "shiney" AEG's.

But, that only represents about 1/15th of all of the mechboxes made out there.

And Ares just changed their design to this:

Photograph Air gun Trigger Line Revolver

However, your mechbox seem unique with the hard edges on the top rail...which mechbox is that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This looks like something that would fit in an "old" Ares mechbox.

View attachment 178331

Which a "few" models are made from, especially Evikes "shiney" AEG's.

But, that only represents about 1/15th of all of the mechboxes made out there.

And Ares just changed their design to this:

View attachment 178333

However, your mechbox seem unique with the hard edges on the top rail...which mechbox is that?
It's a retro arms non-vfc shell. And now that you mention, I think I have old ARES shell that I tried the ETU in.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
Oh...Retro Arm...I was going to guess that...sadly that is a semi-unique shell and not many people have it.

You will have fitment issues.

You should try your MOSFET in:

A&K Shells
CYMA TM Type Shells
CYMA Shells China Type
VFC Original Shells
JG/DE Shells
APS Shells
Hong Kong Shells - G&P/KA/CA

These folks make up about 9/15th of all the "other" shells on the market.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh...Retro Arm...I was going to guess that...sadly that is a semi-unique shell and not many people have it.

You will have fitment issues.

You should try your MOSFET in:

A&K Shells
CYMA TM Type Shells
CYMA Shells China Type
VFC Original Shells
JG/DE Shells
APS Shells
Hong Kong Shells - G&P/KA/CA

These folks make up about 9/15th of all the "other" shells on the market.
So far Ive tried RA, G&P, APS silver edge, and JG. Only one I know for a fact won't work without mods is Krytac.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Just got one, will post a new Thread when it arrives and have time to do a full write-up. I'm thinking of doing it at the same time as a Gate Titan, and comparing things like ease of installation, available features, ease of programing, etc.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts