Still can't decide what gun to get?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by matthewzguitarz, Nov 14, 2012.

1. matthewzguitarz

matthewzguitarz New Member

anza
    So I decided I might not want to go buy a support gun and find out later I hate being a support gunner. I have a budget of at most $400, mostly play field/milsim, sometimes play cqb, and am unsure about my role at the moment. I have no preferred model, and am looking for a gun I could upgrade at some point. I also would prefer to have an AEG or gas gun, I would also like for the gun to have RIS.

I was looking at the JG S-System, the Cyma CM048C, and the A&K M249 full stock version.

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    dont get a support weapon, DMR or sniper system unless you know you want to do those role. Ask to use someones for a game and see how you like it.
    is your gun budget $400 or your total budget?
    do you have gear yet or do we need to factor that in?

3. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    id recommend to not get the jg m4-s system just because they feel very plasticy. if you want a nice m4 with rails, i suggest you check out airsoft gi's custom guns. the silent death blow back is just over $200 (i think) and its pretty good. i had it for a while. its very upgrade able and reliable.

4. matthewzguitarz

anza
    Yeah.. completely forgot that I would need to get some extra magazines, bbs, and probably a chest rig. So the $400 is for gear and gun.

5. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    well say you got a airsoft gi silent death (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6533). you can grab a pack of MAG brand midcaps. they work great (MAG 100rd M4 / M16 Mid Capacity AEG Magazine ( 8 Pack )) i runa oe tech mps chest armor (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4636) and a few pouches such as dump pouches.

gun-$200
    mags- $56
    Rig- $60
    Pouches- say $40

Total- $356

that leaves you with a little room in case you want to get some external upgrades such as grips, lights, and lasers, sights, etc. maybe even some internal upgrades.

6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not OE tech/ condor.... Do NOT reccomend that it's not quality stuff. Anyways OP, with that budget, get a G&G if you want or a JG, and look into some FLYYE or Pantac gear.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Says he hates being a support gunner. Looking into a A&K m249. :p Anyways put the money into a decent gun. The gear and other things will come as you play the game. Are you sure you like airsoft? Make sure you do before dumping that money on a gun.

8. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Oh I though he had been playing for awhile?

9. champo98

champo98 New Member

+1 oe tech/ condor is plain crap. I have one, and it's not too terrible, but I have only had it for a few months, and want something new because it's not holding up. JGs are good guns and I think almost any model would be in your budget. Spend the little more and get FLYYE or Pantac

10. matthewzguitarz

anza
    Yeah I have been playing airsoft for almost 5 years, for the support gunner I'm just unsure if thats what I want to be. What do you think about the CYMA CM048M?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  11. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Cyma a k47 are the best choices for those. Get a g&g combat machine for a base model or the jg s-system. They are both good base models to start with.
    Look into flyye gear like mentioned and some pouches. Get the mag brand mags like mentioned above as well if you decide to go m4. You'll have a good setup with money left over for external and internal upgrades

12. RedSofters

RedSofters New Member

Ronkonkoma
    well instead of the oe tech get a pantac one for 100 off airsoftgi. my friend has the oe tech and he loves it thats why i recommeded it because its cheaper leaving you more room for extras. i personally have the hsgi weesatch. (also great). i just didnt want to give you something that costs like 200 bucks with your budget.

13. matthewzguitarz

anza
    Going to look at the cyma ak47, and combat machine a bit more before I decide, really thinking I would like to get the m4 because the cheap magazines. At some point I guess I would probably build a DMR though, Thanks for the help.