Stuck Between Some Guns!! (KWA,VFC, Classic Army, SOCOM GEAR)

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by TriadAirsoft, Nov 14, 2012.

1. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    Okay guys so I'm in the market for a new gun, and I have been kinda stuck in between guns :(, and I need some help! Between these guns: which one would you buy, why, and any other tips/information you can give me about these guns. Also if you would like to list any other gun that would be much appreciated!!!

Gun Specifications
    300-350 FPS
    Good Quality
    Price Range - Max of maybe $350 (A little over a little under is okay)
    Crane Stock
    CQB Length if possible!
    ~These guns dont have to shoot 350 and under FPS out of the box. I can upgrade the spring to a lower FPS~

GUNS:

SOCOM Gear Full Metal M4 Daniel Defense 9.5" RIS AEG
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_142&products_id=6279

VFC Full Metal M4 Tactical Carbine AEG Airsoft Gun ( E Series )
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5731&mobile=false

KWA M4 Shorty CQR MOD 2 Airsoft Gun
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10378

CA Full Metal Armalite M15A4 CQB AEG Airsoft Gun ( X Series )
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9195

2. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Ok the socom gear would be a great gun, its an oem of the vfc with all the same performance of an original which is good but nothin godly. Easily upgradable if u wanna change somethin around an they are durable. I'm no worshiper of the vfc line but they are solid guns. However 360 seems a little pricey but that's just me. Its your money

The vfc, same as I listed above, this one doesn't fit into your cqb barrel preference.

The Kwa, everyone hates on em I had one and I liked it. They are by no means the best, they have flaws but in stock form the are tanks. Not easily upgradeable and they reject many internals and are iffy on their externals. But for 190 great gun

CA always a good choice if we're talkin proline. Idk if there's any difference in the x series

Hopes this helps

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    VFC and G&P are looked at as the top brands on this forum.
    I loved my 2 VFC SCARs I have had and my friend loves his VFC Combat Master.
    The VFC will not dissapoint you in anyway but its only real COMP would be the SOCOM. Out of the 4 you listed, those 2 are your best choices.

What is your definition of CQB length? There is a guy locally who runs a full length m16 and does better than most people with stubby rifles. I run a M4 Carbine and PTS Masada without issues indoor. Our definitions of CQB may be different.

Is is 350 with .20 or .25? the VFC and SOCOM will both shoot around 350 with .25
    (Making lesser FPS is downgrading the spring for future knowledge BTW)

4. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    Thanks for the information! Everything helps, and my definition is about the length of the KWA CQR I linked but I'm okay with the normal m4 length a well. I would like to shoot 350 with a .20g, and I have seen that the VFCs have shot high near the 400s but I'm not afraid to change the spring. A question for someone that has opened a VFC before: is it easy to open and do upgrades easily on a VFC? Once again you can give other gun recommendations that are within my limits above! Thanks for all the feedback guys!

5. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    I'd get the e-series and go from there you'll have a little extra money to spend and there solid guns.

6. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    Are you talking about the one that I listed or the plain old e series m4a1??

7. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Yes the vfc e-series here solid and you'll have extra money to get some rails or something!

8. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    That's why I wanted to get the SOCOM gear one Because it comes with nice rails and a noveske amplifier. So should I just go with the e series or the socom gear gun. I know both ate VFC on the inside I'm more worried about if the socom gear one is worth the extra money I have I pay for the rails and amplifier

9. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well you could get the e-series and get a nice rail system for about 50-70 so you might save a little but yeah i'd probably get the socom gear seems worth it.

10. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    Yeah I agree, and I also want a crane stock so I don't have to buy a PEQ box along with some rails

11. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Ok,well i'd just go with that socom gear.

12. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    Thanks everyone for helping me out, with making some choices. Anyone else have any thoughts or recommendations for the guns that I have chosen?